Done [OUTDATED] B1 & B2 RESET (MAPS, ITEMS, MYMS, EVERYTHING)

Discussion in 'B-Team' started by billyyjoee, May 10, 2014.

?

Would you like the map to reset?

Poll closed May 17, 2014.
  1. Yes

64.3%
  2. No

35.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sin_samsonsin

sin_samsonsin New Member

Local Time:
    10:08 PM
    As i said i was playing on AS2, not AS1. You see the diffrence is that AS2 is a new AS server and is lagg, crash and rollback free. At least for now. Now AS1 i a total mess in bugs and stuff like that but i would say that AS2 is very stable compared to all other server atm.

2. _sivi

_sivi Member

Local Time:
    At first I was against this Idea, and voted No. But now I take back my vote and vote Yes, even if I played for a long time and got a lot of stuff. I like the Idea of a fresh start, and I will gather all the stuff lost even quicker then before, because now I know a lot about mods in this mod pack, so its not a problem for me. I would like it even more if you setup the Towny system( or Factions instead, it would be even better), then I would make my own town with public machines and everything that everyone who's part of the town can use, and recruit some people, because I like leading people :D (I'm born leader).
    - My current rank is Chief Engineer
    P.S. I almost forgot, If you setup Towny system, and people make rich towns and everything, then they can even start role playing, so they will never get bored! :)

3. flamedramon1

flamedramon1 New Member

Local Time:
    2:08 PM
    well If you think of it with the whiners comes good players, we can't have a great server without them nor good players. so it just shows that even whiners would even try to get through to be a good player. because no matter how many times I see a whiner barely ever they quiet saying they do like this server and or pack and would like to get better at it.

4. racesparks

racesparks New Member

Local Time:
    4:08 PM
  5. DilleDing

DilleDing Active Member

Local Time:
    11:08 PM
    May I ask what does the founders of this server think? And just asking for curiousity if the reset does happen does it happen in this month or so?

6. paulnator2112

paulnator2112 Member

Local Time:
    There you have an answer from Slind14

7. Jeanpierre123456

Jeanpierre123456 New Member

Local Time:
  8. CHRISRHODE2004

CHRISRHODE2004 Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    1:08 PM
    i already voted YES, but wanted to add something that i think is critical - PLEASE extend the borders of the newly generated world, because i am, among others, constantly running into the "end of world" borders when exploring and this restricts the fun to be had and actually finding a place to call home. Also - maybe you should have 2 farmworlds - one for the general populace, and one for paid donators or anyone with in-game funds to spend. Just a thought.

9. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:08 PM
    Thank you for these suggestions sir. While I agree bigger world borders would be nice, it's really up to the server hardware in the end. As the world border grows, so does the drive space it takes up, exponentially. Example on a smaller scale:

10x10 = 100

20x20 = 400

100x100 = 10,000

Actual size (of a server, not sure if b-team): 9600 x 9600 = 92,160,000

Expanding just to 10x (only 200 blocks each direction) would increase disk space by almost 10% (generally speaking)
    10k x 10k = 100,000,000

(use '/wb list' to see your server's size and do your own calculations)

So you can see where the issue comes into play. Extending it just one 10 x 10 chunk from the border to the new border (a loaded player's loaded chunks) is an increase in ~10% of the space needed, and only keeps going up exponentially.

The two farm world idea is one we have been utilizing on Monster for the past month or so. I'm sure if Slind or SirWilli see a need for it, they would do that for B-team too. From my perspective I don't see a need for it as the tps on B-team is significantly better than it was on Monster. As far as the farmworld resets we are going to try and be better at getting those done in a more timely manner. The only reason it hasn't been done this time sooner is because of this very thread and the discussions and suggestions that have come from it.

Thanks again Chris! Hope this kind of explains a few things for you.

10. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    the size of the world is no problem as b-team runs on two 2 tb drives which are on 10% including 20 backups. The only issue is the worldgen as we have to pre-generate the world else you would play with about 3-5 tps. On a side note, generating a world with a radius of 4.8k takes about 12 hours.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
    cbrozak likes this.
  11. cbrozak

Local Time:
    Great to hear! Thanks for the clarifications. On that note, we would be able to generate the world before implementing it though like we do the farmworlds right? So that that we don't have to generate it while trying to play and have those tps issues.

12. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    yes, but we can't do that with a world that is in use

13. cbrozak

Local Time:
    Of course of course, but if we do decide to do a reset soon, we could just run it for a couple days before implementing it with the new bigger world border. ;)

14. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    sure, but still keep in mind that the server crashes on world gen and sometimes stops due to heavy worldgen mods. So we would have to restart it over and over again. :(

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  15. Sergeant_Wafflez

Sergeant_Wafflez New Member

Local Time:
    4:08 PM
  16. AlexisRoger

AlexisRoger Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:08 PM
    *changes vote from no to yes*
    I loose my ice tower: boo
    I get to restart a build with some new friends I've made: yay!

cbrozak likes this.
  17. H4rdBeatzz

H4rdBeatzz New Member

Local Time:
    Why All Want a Reset ? The Claims Got Deleted after 2 inactive weeks so We Dont Need it

18. paulnator2112

paulnator2112 Member

Local Time:
    The voting is already closed and the Server resettet

Gesendet von meinem U8655-1 mit Tapatalk 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.