[Closed] MyM | Ark Survival Evolved

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Ash00182, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tecnojoonas

tecnojoonas Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:41 AM
    Server is still down, did it crash again?

2. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    7:41 AM
    Yep, crashes all 5 minutes and as there are no logs or crash reports I can't check why.

3. tecnojoonas

Local Time:
    What directory you look them? Was it "ShooterGame/saved/logs"?

4. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
  5. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Hm, looks like the server doesn't even start. So the savegame is corrupted.

6. tecnojoonas

Local Time:
    Not good. How old is the latest backup?

7. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Server is now back online, no idea how long it will stay up

8. tecnojoonas

Local Time:
    And server is down again.

9. Bossgrim

Bossgrim Active Member

Local Time:
    12:41 AM
    Requesting update to 227 please and thank you.

10. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    updated.

Bossgrim likes this.
  11. Bossgrim

Bossgrim Active Member

Local Time:
    You the man. Thank you![DOUBLEPOST=1450558456,1450552314][/DOUBLEPOST]Is it still crashing? Steam is saying it's not responding.

12. xXxNahanxXx

xXxNahanxXx Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:41 AM
    Could it be that something got changed in the files, and it's causing the server to crash?

13. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Probably the best to do an reset and use a custom map + few mods

14. xXxNahanxXx

Local Time:
    I'm so on board with this, but can we do it as soon as possible or at least get the server back up? Really stoked to play Ark again

15. Bossgrim

Bossgrim Active Member

Local Time:
    I'd rather not do a reset again. I've already started over after the last one and really don't want to again.

16. xXxNahanxXx

Local Time:
    So what your saying is, you'd rather wait for a fix to play on a empty-ish server then have a new, different map that could bring in more players?

17. DizzyRonson

DizzyRonson Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i think a new map and mods would be fun:)

Mijikai, xXxNahanxXx and Rebelborn like this.
  18. Bossgrim

Bossgrim Active Member

Local Time:
    What I'm saying is, I worked hard for a long time before the last reset to make my base the way I wanted it and did the same thing after. If I wanted to play on a modded server that bad, I'd go to a modded server. I'm not saying I don't want to play with mods or on other maps but I don't want to have to start all over from the beginning again. I like this server and I like the people on it. When you get a large population on the server, building areas and resources become difficult to find especially for new players. So to answer your question: Yes, I'd rather wait for a fix for a server I really enjoy than start over with a different map and/or mods.[DOUBLEPOST=1450576892,1450563924][/DOUBLEPOST]Just talked to some one that had the same thing happening to his server and he fixed it by taking a backup and doing a fresh install of everything on the server and used the backup. They didn't find out what was corrupted but something was because everything is working now and has been for the last 6 months or so. I don't know, just a thought about something to try.

Demonica6666 and Bennyboy1695 like this.
  19. Demonica6666

Demonica6666 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hate to say it, but......reset it and add the mods. Since it keeps going down, that is all that is left to do. They added new stuff and with Winter Wonderland coming, we need to get in there and get started so we will be ready for Winter. Is there any way to...say...let us get some pumpkins, gravestones, costumes and such that are lost? I just want the Holiday stuff if we can. Oh and try to set the hatching/maturity times maybe (if we have figured out how to get it to work that is) If not, I am ready to start gathering all kinds of stuff. Plus I will die many times going Northwest again. Love that spot. At least we have learned more about taming and gathering and building. I figure we will probably have more resets due to the fact that the game is still being worked on. A new feature probably corrupted it and that is life. Lets get in there and create bigger kingdoms. Oh.....guys, y'all remember when I suggested an arena while we were playing? I say, before we reset, we pick an area for the potential PVP vdino vwhatever area, mark it out as a no home building area so we can lay down collection chests for construction. We can put down signs to designate it as a future Arena site for all. Then later, after we build it, we can discuss prizes, battles, contests and such that we want to have. Remember, we will need a separate largish structure for equipment making and repair and to put your stuff for safe keeping during events.

20. elemage

elemage Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i hope the server goes back up again. i was rather looking forward to it since i bought the game yesterday and havent played since the free weekend on steam was going on. i also noticed that its no longer straight pvpve but tribe wars. what is this? i am curious because i was looking forward to the pvp aspect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.