PvP Poll

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by MaelstromPhoenix, Jan 6, 2016.

?

What type of PvP would you like to play?

1. Anarchy

18 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. Factions with Griefing

23 vote(s)
    40.4%
  3. Factions with Mutual Griefing

13 vote(s)
    22.8%
  4. Factions with Raiding

20 vote(s)
    35.1%
  5. Factions with Leaderboard

19 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    1:32 PM
    They Should not since its pvp win or lose they should know that factions is all about pvp and stealing others peoples bases for loot

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    Mijikai likes this.
  2. MaelstromPhoenix

MaelstromPhoenix Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:32 PM
    Some balancing will definitely have to be done in terms of things like combat logging, hiding, etc. Thats one area where something like anarchy excels since no rules means everything is fair. For now this is just a general survey on what/if players would like to participate in such a server.

3. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    4:32 PM
    Breakable, servers have plugins so you can tnt obsidian, sometimes bedrock too

4. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If it were anarchy, it would be good if there were secret rooms (Hide your base).
    I like that Mutual griefing factions option because with the option of losing points for members death, someone could just "farm" one player so the faction loses too many points. This wouldn't happen on Factions with Mutual griefing. And another good thing on factions with mutual griefing will be that more powerful factions wouldn't be able to focus on single new faction and eliminate them.

Core problem for me is FPS. If the modpack will be too resource-intensive I may able to start it but even with best armor everyone will easily kill me because I have client-side lag. That means no matter what type of server primarily focused on PvP shouldn't have too many mods or use too much resources or some players will be in disadvantage because they have weaker computer. I don't think that it is fair to be in disadvantage because of things you can't change.

Only possible way how to solve this problem with FPS when you have resource-intensive modpack can be balancing FPS/lag on both players that are fighting each other (I have 10 FPS and enemy has 60 FPS ----> I will have 10 FPS and my enemy will have 10 FPS too).

5. MaelstromPhoenix

Local Time:
    If it's anarchy, you aren't going to get very far with this strategy since there are no claims. If you have a faction however, there really wouldn't be a point to playing on this server then. There wouldn't be any sort of punishment for doing this but it really wouldn't make any sense.[DOUBLEPOST=1452179268][/DOUBLEPOST]As for the fps issue, there shouldn't be too much fps lag unless your base is the one causing it, which you can do something about. In terms of entities there wouldn't be terribly much especially since there is a mob limit cap on MyM and no extra mob mods would be added. In the wilderness you should be fine as well, since there are limited mobs and no real builds that should cause lag.

6. MyFailuredLyfe

MyFailuredLyfe New Member

Local Time:
    Anarchy is teh best. Chaos everywhere :D Also can you add the forcefield mod? Or at least the list of mods that will be added? Thx :p

7. MaelstromPhoenix

Local Time:
    It all depends on the play style. If its anarchy it'll most likely have forcefields, icbm and some other good protection/destruction mods. If its factions you wont be needing stuff like nukes since you wouldn't be allowed to use them anyway

8. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I don't agree. With factions with mutual griefing it can be useful. You go to the war, and launch some nukes on enemy's fortress. ;)

9. MaelstromPhoenix

Local Time:
    The problem is that you can't limit it to that scenario. If you can use it to blow up an enemies base, you can use it to destroy pretty much anything since it doesn't respect claims.

10. MyFailuredLyfe

Local Time:
    Is it possible to have multiple servers, with multiple modes? Ex: Anarchy, Factions with Raiding, Factions with Greifing, etc

11. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    4:32 PM
    No, that's only reserved for very, VERY popular servers, :/

12. MyFailuredLyfe

Local Time:
    You never know...

13. MaelstromPhoenix

Local Time:
    Its possible but probably not. The hype for PvP is good enough for 1 to max 2 servers but not much more than that

14. MyFailuredLyfe

Local Time:
    Any estimate when these servers will go live?

15. MaelstromPhoenix

Local Time:
    Theres no guarantee of anything, as stated. Im just gathering some information on what people would like to play and then possibly make a server oriented around that play style.

16. mine_killer14

mine_killer14 New Member

Local Time:
    6:32 AM
    If i wanted to do a server there are somethings that i find game breaking. The first being mini maps with radar. Some guy flying around in a jetpack finds your base when u are online, now all that being sneaky with underground bases is for naught and now everyone knows where u are.

secondly if you have anarchy the biggest issue is people waiting till u are offline to snag all your loot, is it possible that claimed land is safe while u are offline but vulnerable while u are there to protect it? this could also work for factions with greifing.

finally mods. what ever mods you have u need a defence system, not just a force field(which you would overload as a part of getting in) but also interior defences, to shoot particular players in the face.

one last question, are there any node based protections? What i mean is something that stops you from breaking blocks (or at a greatly reduced mining speed) until an object is destroyed or you have been in a location for a set period of time?

17. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Would it be better to make a 1.8 vanilla server with Plug ins.?

As to having force fields, that would make anarchy pointless, since you can just protect your base... all the time.

@mine_killer14 its really hard to stop mini maps. I tried on Civilization, but there are just to many of them. It best to just let everyone have radar... instead of the few that find a map that works.

18. MaelstromPhoenix

Local Time:
    Even in civ mini maps are limited tho. You can see the players icon but not their names. Also there might be a way to hide names from players so that you can't just see people through walls.

19. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Thats the thing, some maps are not limited like this. That is why its hard to stop. Best to just leave mini maps for all.

20. MaelstromPhoenix

Local Time:
    Yeah :/
    As for the only modifying blocks while someone is online I believe there was a plugin that had a protection block that blocked everyone from building and you had to remove it before doing anything.