Grave Robbing - Civilization

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Lawmonark, Jan 7, 2016.

?

Should Grave Robbing Be Allowed.

Poll closed Jan 12, 2016.
  1. Yes

37 vote(s)
    62.7%
  2. No, Dont allow the breaking of Graves

22 vote(s)
    37.3%
  1. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:53 PM
    my only other porblem is that you cant kill people on claims so if someone kills me takes my stuff and then goes and sits in there claim i would like to be able to go in an kill them all tbh

Xyrik likes this.
  2. Luphadir

Luphadir Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:53 PM
    The direct assault isn't always the best revenge, what about setting up an ambush, or just lie down and wait in the distance for that one perfect sniper shot =D

Lawmonark likes this.
  3. Timkoo

Timkoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This would be great plan, Xyrik. +1 to You.[DOUBLEPOST=1452240557][/DOUBLEPOST]
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452240616][/DOUBLEPOST]

4. johnfg10

Local Time:
    see i agree seting up an ambush is a good idea but i would prefur to run in with an rpg and a scar :p

5. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:53 AM
    yess thats possible however it would take a team of coders anywhere from 50-150 hrs to code that lets say the devs only get payed 80$ an hr thats still $400-$1200 for one server for one plugin.

probably not going to happen

6. Tokoshoran

Tokoshoran Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:53 AM
    While soulbound would work, it relies on having the necessary equipment and levels, which you won't have when starting out. Say somebody who does have them realizes they've used up all their iron, it's easy enough to kill a newer player and just take their loot, then they have to start all over. Completely unfair system. If it's possible to have a few items randomly "Spill out" of the gravestone on creation, that would work better, but I don't know how plausible that is.

7. Arcanuo

Arcanuo Old School Poster

Local Time:
    10:53 AM
    I think grave looting is fine, risk vs reward. You take a lot of items outside your claim you run the risk of losing them.

8. Apache49

Apache49 New Member

Local Time:
    10:53 AM
    Is it possible to make people drop just their toolbar and armor, but not their inventory? That would reward risks in combat, but avoid creating a situation where players too lazy to collect their own resources just hunt down new people rather than play the game.

Tokoshoran likes this.
  9. johnfg10

Local Time:
    my main problem with this is noobs if they have just started they are going to be bulled and the stuff taken whitch is unfair an i idea i had was make it do that a person keeps there anything on them for 48 hours and after that they drop there graves this will give new players a chance to start the game with out being killed and robbed

10. Kimiko_Saito

Kimiko_Saito Lover of Carpenters Blocks

Local Time:
    8:53 AM
    but if you are out getting supplies... people can just kill people for the loot of resources.

11. Luphadir

Local Time:
    i don't agree entirely because the claims are still protected, if you new and you "know" you come to a PVP server you also know to be extra careful the first few days

12. johnfg10

Local Time:
    but if you go mining or something then what should they do

13. Ernuke

Ernuke Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:53 AM
    Let's compare it to another situation.

DayZ. As you may know, DayZ is a game based on survival, resources scavenging and PVP. When you spawn they'll give you a pistol (at best) and then is up to you. If people find you and kill you, bye bye items, guns, food, bags... It's a mean world and people love it.

Same thing will happen here, people will stop prancing around w/o armor or a decent weapon and will start using the base as a bank for securing really important items.

I'm going to be on a KOS mood for here on. I'll destroy the grave just for the head and place a chest back with the rest (maybe ill take the food), maybe some people will not do the same, and it's ok too...

People you should really start playing Minecraft w/o all the protections/commands from a server xD

14. Luphadir

Local Time:
    mine in their claim, i strip mined my entire area when i started,
    i would not risk going to the farmworld before i have that +12 weapon

15. johnfg10

Local Time:
    but still should people live in fear of others

16. Luphadir

Local Time:
    Well its PVP so yes i suppose, danger lurks on every corner.
    And then as far as i can feel it within the server PvP isn't a very big issue (yet)

17. johnfg10

Local Time:
    ye true but i just dont like the idea of someone joining the sever for the first time spending a couple hours mining not knowing about claims and all the rules and people killing them its not fair and before someone says yes i know life is not fair

18. Ernuke

Ernuke Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:53 AM
    Now that's a valid point

19. Luphadir

Local Time:
    agreed, but doesn't MyM have enough "friendly" servers, can't we condisider this server and pack for the dedicated MyM players that like a little thrill once in a while ;-]

pizzaluc likes this.
  20. Kimiko_Saito

Kimiko_Saito Lover of Carpenters Blocks

Local Time:
    8:53 AM
    you need to go to the farm world though to find all the pams trees, and the types of gardens.