Roll-Back

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by cbrozak, Jun 1, 2014.

1. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:03 PM
    As most of you are aware there was an unfortunate situation in which an ex member of the staff with a grudge logged on and did a lot of things with his OP capabilities. We discussed trying to handle it with several options and with great resentment we had to resort to an almost 7 hour rollback. These are definitely situations in which we try to avoid, but there is only so much you can do against cheaters, especially cheaters with OP power.

Rollback is 6 hours 50 minutes ago from this post.
    The culprit has been banned.

We will do everything in our power to avoid this situation in the future and if it does (which I highly doubt from here on out), we will be faster to remedy the situation.

From all the staff we apologize with all our hearts, we understand the frustration completely and wish there was another way.

If this makes it any better, here is the only one of these I have ever posted:

:20-93:

2. Game_CreatorSD

Game_CreatorSD New Member

Local Time:
    Should we have just reseted the world? there may have been items before then he gave away and got caught

3. Orncaex

Orncaex Member

Local Time:
    Honestly i have so much invested in my current set up that the loss of all my achivement will cause me to go back to singleplayer. Some confrontational aspects are healthy to add to the game but removing the week worth of work, half of which i spent trying to remove a pvp debuff... sorta makes it moot. Im sure the roll backs and character data whipes of cuplrits would ensure minimal damage. oh and if they can regenerate chunks do that to cheaters and you knock out several problems with one one

also... farm world could use a reboot for the influx of newbs

4. Rijor

Rijor Member

Local Time:
    World resets rarely ever go over well, even if they ARE kind of needed. Needless to say, though, anyone who has anything they shouldn't have (and you know if you shouldn't have it) should probably get rid of it immediately and quietly. With fire. Better than facing consequences.

5. billyyjoee

billyyjoee New Member

Local Time:
    3:03 AM
    This was the first time that Aighato had logged onto the server in a very long time. He had not given out items like it previously. A world reset is definitely not needed.

I checked.

6. Decnav

Decnav Proud member of the VRMasterRace Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    10:03 PM
    WOW now this rollback really kills me. I just set up another autofarm and planted stacks of magic crops, all gone. It was made well before any tomfoolery. Been saving essences for WEEKS, all gone.

I save crap for weeks then run thru in mass builds this removed weeks of saving and preping. I had converted all my essences into ore, all gone. SO MUCH LOSS

VERY unhappy with the rollback

7. billyyjoee

billyyjoee New Member

Local Time:
    3:03 AM
    If you've been saving essence up for weeks, you shouldn't have lost it.

The rollback was a mere hours, not days. However, i'll ask that an admin come over to take a look at the damage. If they can prove that you did infact lose a lot due to the rollback they MAY be able to compensate you. This is not a promise.

8. Decnav

Local Time:
    I made all the essences into lesser mid greater ect, used it to make seeds, planted the seeds I made 32 of about every seed except obsidian and coal. I turned all the essences from my existing farm into ores and processed them. Most of this is done in my ME system, so I dont know what kind of logs it leaves for you, but that is where to look. I used the ME crafting term to craft most thing. I set down 5 fans and started planting before I hooked them up. Thats when Aighato said hey everyone come to spawn real quick.

I cant prove anything, i dont screen shot anything.

Thanks for trying to help

9. cbrozak

Local Time:
    Hmmmm. Weeks shouldn't have been the case, we wenet back just those few hours in the back ups. We don't even store back-ups that are weeks old. We will solve this, it's only a matter of finding out what the issue is for sure. Could you elaborate a bit more please Decnav?[DOUBLEPOST=1401626955,1401626818][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Thank you. What I can do is re-rollback to the non-rollback state of your base, if that makes sense. Would that solve the issue?

10. Decnav

Local Time:
    Sounds like its worth a try, thanks

Situation resolved for me, thanks Cbro !

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    cbrozak likes this.
  11. Prizzianna

Prizzianna New Member

Local Time:
    7:03 PM
    What about the items and stuff we received from /redeem votes ?? Actually received a 1k drive for the random.. now gone... More important is the claimblocks. I redeemed 3 votes, do I still have them? I noticed it says Zero available now...

12. cbrozak

Local Time:
    This sounds like a seperate issue as that shouldn't have been affected at all, those files weren't touched. If you wouldn't mind opening a /modreq, a mod will be able to handle those things for you :)