Project Ozone Event

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by _prpl_, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WikidSick

WikidSick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:32 PM
    Well this thing ruined it for me and for european peeps who get home late because of work or school[DOUBLEPOST=1455650917][/DOUBLEPOST]And those who are Americans are at work or school and they dont get an disadvantage

2. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:32 PM
    Better go ham while they arent here

3. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    12:32 PM
    Most things in life are not fare you need to learn to deal with it

4. Fyre8

Fyre8 Active Member

Local Time:
    3:32 PM
    usa EST kids are starting to get out of school now... and its still down... so bummer for everyone...

Where did I put my TARDIS... >.> It would really help atm...

5. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    "fare" paying for it too

6. BioChip

BioChip New Member

Local Time:
    2:32 PM
    funny with all the whining that USA has an advantage right?
    The two top people in it are USA and Switzerland. -_-
    It's a game remember that. If you're upset over this, your in for a long journey with life,

7. fizzydog64

fizzydog64 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Bio c'mon dog, if its a competetion it should be fair after all. It is kinda bull that some people have got a definite advantage over others with timezones already, but thats an inevitability of global servers. This is just making it harder for players in inconvenient time zones.

Also, maybe I'm being an idiot, but
    Doesn't that show that there is an advantage for people in the US of A?

8. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Maybe if we split judging into euro and transatlantic

9. Riafind

Riafind Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:32 PM
    Not quite sure if you know, but Switzerland is actually in the middle of Europe. Also I had to "pause" for nearly 24h due to a crash issue and am still doing good in the competition. And btw, if the server runs exactly 7 days, nobody gets a disadvantage since all timezones are covered equally. Some might start earlier but then also end earlier. So not sure how some guys think it's unfair. Let's just hope it's back up soon. Oh and before I forget. It's not all about winning, it's also about having fun.

DuckDastardly likes this.
  10. DuckDastardly

DuckDastardly Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If the top two players are from US and Switzerland...how does that show that people in the US players have an advantage? Looks like its pretty even to me with one US player and one Euro player leading the way.
    Honestly it wouldn't have mattered when the competition started, someone would be inconvenienced by the start time. I think the start time was chosen more for the convenience of those that are running it more than for those who are in it.

11. BioChip

BioChip New Member

Local Time:
    2:32 PM
    The event started at 8pm my time right before sleep, How did i have an advantage exactly is what i want to know.[DOUBLEPOST=1455653424][/DOUBLEPOST]With Riafind on this, I also had to spend the good majority of two days helping my brother move.
    Also Having fun is the entire reason behind the event, Don't know about you, But I am having fun.

Btw how long has it been down? o.o

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  12. fizzydog64

Local Time:
    To clarify, I'm having fun other wise I wouldn't be playing, and I only started yesterday evening because I was busy, but I do wanna say something.

Competitions are for winning. Fun is nice, but glory is better after all.

13. dewboy3d

dewboy3d Member

Local Time:
    For heavens sake, it's only a game. Yes it's inconvenient to have the server down for hours but it's not the end of the world. Go play single player and look ahead in the quest book. Give yourself an agenda for what to do when the server comes back up. Stop whining about your timezone and how unfair it is. Some people don't have anything to do. My area of USA is on school vacation this week. Some people don't work. Everyone has a different amount of time to invest in the game. I don't hear anyone complaining that they are missing play time because of sleep or having to eat. Timezones don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things and you guys who are making this an issue should grow up just a little. Seriously. It's only a a game.

BioChip likes this.
  14. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Play hard or go home

15. fizzydog64

Local Time:
    Exactly stud muffin.

Go hard.
    Or go home.

16. Batmanme123

Batmanme123 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    whats happening to the server

17. MrWisski

MrWisski Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Alrighty guys - We've got some bad news. Looks like the hard-drive on the server filled up earlier today...Generally not a huge issue, but unfortunately, when checking the initial setup, I totally forgot to check the config for the backups. So this entire time, not a single backup was made. This was a huge error on my part, and I'm very, very sorry for the oversight.

Due to the harddrive filling up - pretty much everyone who was online lost thier region - only about 40k got written out to each of the open files. Without the auto-backups, there's no way to recover the lost data. We're still working out how we're going to handle this - but for the moment, the OZ2 event is on hold. Please keep an eye on the forums for further information on this.

Again, apologies to everyone. I'm terribly sorry for this mistake, and feel awful for having wasted everyone's time spent on this event. :(

18. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
  19. Fyre8

Fyre8 Active Member

Local Time:
    So... We ALL win... right?[DOUBLEPOST=1455656210][/DOUBLEPOST]Like everyone gets top prize :p

Beraias and DuckDastardly like this.
  20. Batmanme123

Batmanme123 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Please support the admins and be patient

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.