Done With Thaumcraft Bug Back...

Discussion in 'Civilization' started by aero_c, Feb 21, 2016.

1. aero_c

aero_c Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:09 PM
    Is a rollback or another server reset imminent? It would be nice to know if I'm wasting my time by playing today. Thanks.

2. MrWisski

MrWisski Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:09 PM
    Since we don't do rollbacks or resets out of spite (or on a schedule), and only when a VERY serious issue occurs, i can only say "No, we have no reports of any issues that would require anything so drastic".

3. aero_c

aero_c Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Oh so maybe no one has reported it yet because the server was reset last time this happened. But the bug that causes the client to get kicked whenever they do Thaumcraft research is back. This is probably the same bug that caused Civilization server to get reset around a week ago.

4. Jun_

Jun_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    That could be the reason nobody has reported this yet because i don't think any of us want to start from square 1 again for a third time, Personally i'd switch packs if this did happen.

and just update thaumcraft and its expansions/ reinstall TC and the expansions serverside rather than Reset the world.

Let me know if there is any way to help

5. MrWisski

Local Time:
    Civ got reset for about a dozen different reasons - most of them stemming from the fact that a world reset was required for some of the updates, but never done, causing serious, terrible, hardcore issues with the server, that we simply couldn't fix without a world reset.

I have absolutely NO idea where you guys got the idea that thaumcraft was to blame, or why you would think we'd rather reset an ENTIRE SERVER rather than just update a mod or 2. :(

6. Jun_

Jun_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    We were never properly filled in on what the reset was for other than the rollback broke a couple things and player data was screwed but at the time TC couldn't get fixed by booker or ash because they had no idea what was wrong, so most people thought Thaumcraft was the cause due to the inability to do anything at all in it other than infusion or arcane crafting[DOUBLEPOST=1456148433][/DOUBLEPOST]That is currenty happening and i a pain in the butt for a lot of people, myself included because i can't change wand foci, This is an issue that needs fixed. without a world reset.

7. MrWisski

Local Time:
    BookerTheGeek likes this.
  8. Jun_

Jun_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i was not trying to imply you were incompetent, i'm sorry if I came off that way from what I was saying/how I was saying it

9. MrWisski

Local Time:
    That's good then. Seriously, though, the issues that existed previously on civ, before the reset, were entirely too many to number. We had 3 admins looking at this server for a significant amount of time, and we STILL couldn't make any headway.

We'll get mods updated - just be aware, without an active maintainer, this process is going to occur as an Admin+ has the free time to make it happen. Given we're a little short on admins at the moment, we appreciate your patience, as we have 31 other servers that need attention as well. :D

10. Jun_

Jun_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    alright, things break and need updated or fixed, But get it fixed when you have the time :) I just really hope Thaumcraft is fixed, if not i'll disect the code myself and let you know what i find.

11. ArchmageAlex

ArchmageAlex Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I would just like to add my hope that the Thaumcraft -connection fatal error- bug please be fixed. I understand the staff are busy, and I am grateful for all the hard work they do to keep this great server network running, but Thaumcraft and its many addons are an extensive part of this pack, and its sad to have it unplayable.

12. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:09 AM
    This was one if the issues leading up to civs world reset not the main one but I'm sure ppl are looking into it

13. Jun_

Jun_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    is it seriously not fixed yet? its been 2 weeks

14. johnfg10

Local Time:
    what hasnt? TC?

15. Jun_

Jun_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    idk i havent logged in been busy

16. johnfg10

Local Time:
    then lol ? ^

17. aero_c

aero_c Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It's been fixed for a while, at least for me research is back to normal.

18. Jun_

Jun_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    good to know i might cut my absence short and come back to finish up the pack

19. johnfg10

Local Time:
    finnish up :O[DOUBLEPOST=1457026692][/DOUBLEPOST]start u mean ars magica will be in soon :p

20. Dovahpork

Dovahpork Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    yeah the bug is very strange as is can fix its self then break