Info New Infinity Servers and Shutdown of Nodes 1-3 (Normal+Expert) [Wednesday 20th April]

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by Werwolfi_de, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Werwolfi_de

Werwolfi_de Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:49 PM
    [​IMG]

Due to low amount of players on the Nodes 1-3 Normal and Expert Servers, lifetime of them and the world generation changes introduced with the last update, we decided to shut them down and open 2 fresh nodes . The shutdown will commence on the 20th April 2016.

Time to get started: ;)
    IP: infinity5.mym.li or infinity5.mineyourmind.net
    IP: evolved5.mym.li or evolved5.mineyourmind.net
    Version: 2.4.2​

Stats

Yellow = Node4
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Claim Download

Base Download Use this command to download your claim
    Code:
    /wd

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2016
    LunaBlossoms and SanndyTheManndy like this.
  2. Yorinar

Yorinar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:49 PM
    No point in opening new ones. With farmworld resets, the ability to acquire fresh resources on nodes 1-3 is easy. TPS on those nodes is a near constant 20 except a bit on the weekends if someone does something nuts. Claim resets mean there are plenty of fresh places to build. If the concern is the freshness of the Outer Lands and Runic Dungeons, why not reset those too? The only thing not fresh about nodes 1-3 is the overworld in terms of villages and other generated structures. People should be raiding those in the farmworld anyway. More farmworld resets would be better than bringing down whole nodes.

I guess if you're not someone who rushes to the end and gets guilty pools very quickly, you can't really expect an evolved server to have the longevity it takes to ever make it there.

3. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    The servers have been up for 6 months and we don't see the amount of players justify the amount of nodes, especially not with the continue-sly falling amount of players on top of the extreme block lag that lets most players turn around.

Node 4 is holding 5 times the amount of players the other nodes hold and does have less lag spikes. Overall if it would be constant lag we wouldn't recognize it until about 12 tps at all. But the issue here are lag spikes, the ones that cause you to mine blocks multiple times, wait until the chests opens up..

4. Cal26lum

Cal26lum Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:49 PM
    I agree that there are not often many players online on these nodes, and so the reason for the shutdown is reasonable. Would it be possible to migrate some items across to the new nodes? For example the contents of a vanilla ender chest? This would allow players to not have to completely restart, especially on as repetitive a modpack as expert mode.

CPU678 likes this.
  5. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    We talked about a reimbursement kit on infinity node 4 for a heads start, but on the new nodes there will definitely be nothing.

CPU678 likes this.
  6. Willfon

Willfon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This solves my problem of playing too many modpacks. I won't bother starting up Exper Hell again. I've contracted Tediumitis. But I would like a download. I'm quite fond of my little hole in the ground.

Base Download This section will get updated later when you tell us how to download my base.
    Code:
    commands

7. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:49 PM
    i always did wonder why infinity needed 8 servers, just means theres room for new packs now ;)

8. CPU678

CPU678 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:49 AM
    Really like idea of reimbursement kit idea, and vanilla enderchest that player can put items inside himself sounds amazing.

Cal26lum likes this.
  9. At last a chance to match others on expert. Will the new nodes open up at the time of shutdown of the old ones?[DOUBLEPOST=1460557435][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The kit would give only raw materials and the like, or not?

10. V3N0M_SIERRA

V3N0M_SIERRA New Member

Local Time:
    2:49 PM
    when will node 5 be available?, also rather than getting a starting kit, could i just be given a bunch of claim blocks? i dont want to start on 4 due to how many players are on it, it feels crowded and i just want a quiet area. my buddys have been trying to get on, but the three of us will be losing a rather large base that i was just in the middle of reorganizing to be server friendly with the machines and ae2 me system

11. Werwolfi_de

Local Time:
    planned launch is in around 1 day from now. We are not going to make more claimblocks its pretty easy to get them with voting sry ;)

SanndyTheManndy likes this.
  12. V3N0M_SIERRA

V3N0M_SIERRA New Member

Local Time:
    2:49 PM
    ok thank you, im gonna go play other games in the mean time

13. Elagex

Elagex New Member

Local Time:
    1:49 PM
    So for those who bought Kits with RL money, will we get reimbursed for 4? or a chest we can transfer over to 4 with a bunch of our stuff. eather one would be nice.

14. Werwolfi_de

Local Time:
    Im going to quote our Founder on this:
    Slind: credits used during the last 2 weeks of the server are refunded. let them put in a ticket and assign to founder
    in this case the announcement - 2 weeks

15. kamild_

kamild_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If the reimbursement kit also included like 500 claimblocks, that would be great!

16. DrToodles

DrToodles New Member

Local Time:
    4:49 PM
    I'm not really sure why IN1 also needs to get shut down seeing as how it's the second most populous server and you could just migrate everybody from 2 and 3 to 1 and let them keep their inventory instead of making everybody start again from scratch. I know for a fact that many people, including myself, would rather just quit the server than have to restart everything, so why make a brand new server where everybody has nothing and lose players rather than just migrate everybody to IN1 or 4, retaining inventory and more players?

17. kamild_

kamild_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I was also going through this. Here's the rule: if you want your "wealth" to persist forever, play singleplayer. Multiplayer servers will eventually go down/get reset/lose data somehow, this cannot be avoided and you must learn how to deal with it. :)
    Actually, with such amount of mods, you can't even be sure if your singleplayer world doesn't suddenly get corrupt just because one of the mods have failed.

18. Werwolfi_de

Local Time:
    well you know we have to renew hardware update plugins etc most of this is not possible without a world wipe so we dont have a choice either to keep all server running all time and we cant just easyli transfer all the stuff from each player who might wanna try it again cause that would take more manpower then we have right now

Guigui_ likes this.
  19. Kissqt

Kissqt Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    Nice, jsut finally get set up to have to start again... I got so unlucky with this server, second time in a row

20. Crazypinecone

Crazypinecone Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:49 PM
    Will Mym's transfer? Since the items won't transfer we could at least have some money to help buy some items from the market for a faster start?

Also, since the world is going to end anyway can you turn off all the claimed land boundaries so we can have some rage greifing before moving to the new node?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016