CrackPack - The new Mindcrack Modpack - Do we want to play it´?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Slind, Jun 16, 2014.

?

Crackpack Server?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2014.
  1. no, I don't care about this modpack

10 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. yes, with anarchy

36 vote(s)
    58.1%
  3. yes, but the same like all the other mym servers

16 vote(s)
    25.8%
  1. Xfel11

Xfel11 Consultant

Local Time:
    9:13 PM
    Well, there are other ways of protection of course... You can build a force field... use thaumcraft warded blocks... ICBM turrets for defense...

2. Untitled_Dot_V

Untitled_Dot_V New Member

Local Time:
    8:13 PM
    sooo, a vanilla modded minecraft server?
    i like it

3. Lane_Wolf

Lane_Wolf New Member

Local Time:
    I would like to try no pluggin server even as a builder type would mean totaly different strategy.

4. KingT

KingT Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Whoooooo Anarchyyy :smug: let the war begin :vamp: :vamp: :vamp:

5. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i like the forcefields :D

6. Lovestruxd

Lovestruxd New Member

Local Time:
    One question, is the map going to be big enough? I wouldn't like some random person to dig into my mineshaft and then get right into my base.

7. DilleDing

DilleDing Active Member

Local Time:
    10:13 PM
    I'd join probably but how is the server going to handle griefing allowed or not?

8. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    8:13 PM
    Isn't there a set of codes that you can put in the MOTD file to forcibly disable VoxelMaps radar and cavemapping functions when a client connects?
    §3 §6 §3 §6 §3 §6 §e -to disable radar
    §3 §6 §3 §6 §3 §6 §d -to disable cave mapping

9. Krxxzy

Krxxzy Guest

Would there be any duping aloud if there is a way? Or would there be a ban on that?

10. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    anarchy = no protection = there is no griefing. everything is allowed.
    u got to defend ur base with forcefields/spells or just hide it well.

11. imBobertRobert

imBobertRobert New Member

Local Time:
    2:13 PM
    Having played on many a pre-bucket servers, don't have a mineshaft where you live!

This interests me, but I feel that it would be too easy to lose everything early-game, what if there was a way to protect chests with signs at the cost of MyM's? Protected chests also couldn't be blown up, and it would prevent total annihilation and having just a small group of people controlling everything.

Sicktal likes this.
  12. Sicktal

Sicktal New Member

Local Time:
    12:13 PM
    The problem with Anarchy is that your base can be completely annihilated. Sure, that's the point of anarchy but after all your grinding and hard work, it can be destroyed in a matter of minutes. Tons of people would be discouraged and stop playing for a while. I'm fine with anarchy considering I can protect my items with warded blocks and what not, but there's a ton who don't know how. Lots of people would come and go, but dedicated players would stay.

-Maybe consider using the factions plug-in?
    People could still kill someone then claim/raid their base when the victim doesn't have enough power to protect their claims.
    You could also add power boosts to your shop I suppose to increase the income.
    Just an idea, kind of takes away a bit of the "Anarchy" chaos, but leaves the chance of raiding and what not still. :^)

13. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    wait, mindcrack" had ic2 with mffs but the crackpack doesnt have these mods anymore?
    force fields would be a vital defense system. the other defense systems i know and tested with success are rotarycraft turrets. (also not in this pack)
    i dont know if ICBM has base defense systems or if u just are able to launch missiles at other bases. ;-)

14. Xfel11

Xfel11 Consultant

Local Time:
    Duping=getting an unfair advantage over other players - on a PVP server it's even more important to suppress anything like that.

15. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Only having one base is bad practice on an anarchy server. You normally split it over 3-5 bases.
    If we do this anarchy project I can't promise that it will work, but that is not the important point about a project. If it fails we learn a lot from it and get over to the next project with the gained experience.. As this is not a small difference compared to our other servers, I made this post to see how you think.

Yes, it would be no server for people that just want to build and keep their achievements safe. Kill or die, real PvP with griefing raiding...

16. Sicktal

Sicktal New Member

Local Time:
    12:13 PM
    True. Is there going to be some sort of Crackpack server for sure, or is it not confirmed yet?

17. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    depends on the community. We won't create one, if no one wants to play it.

18. Finstermoor71

Finstermoor71 New Member

Local Time:
    I see the same. Without a system / a way to protect my stuff, it is a lot of players do that are just out to annoy other players. In addition, the more I'm really not fond of PvP.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  19. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    that is anarchy. ;)

20. Emobard

Emobard Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:13 PM
    sounds like a blast, and to all those who are worried about your stuff going missing, welcome to anarchy, this is where u test your brain at creating unique and deadly traps to stop would be thieves in their tracks, PvP would also be a really fun addition.