What is happening lately?

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by SirStudMuffin, May 4, 2016.

?

Are you happy with the current state of MYM?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    36.1%
  2. Sometimes

19 vote(s)
    52.8%
  3. No

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  4. Potato

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:46 PM
    Craftmine has been sat there for some amount of time

2. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    11:46 PM
    The overall staff activity (playtime) and amount off staff is low compared to the players atm. We are expecting this to change with the big holidays?
    The amount of tickets and ticket respond time is higher than ever and I my self am not able to look through every forum post and ticket as I did half a year ago, frankly I barely do any support work anymore.

We have a stockpile of issues/todos which are holding us away from new projects like craftmine and resonant rise.
    The nero pack is an exception as we expect it to be as popular as B-Team was at one point.

I would guess that the gap is mainly due to the decrease of man power resources and increase of issues.

LunaBlossoms and metalobism like this.
  3. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I think the issue is not whether Craftmine is introduced as a pack or not. There are multiple reasons for and against that pack. It is more that there has been a thread for weeks now, where only one admin at some point responded once. That is what I mean when I speak of lack of communication. But just ignoring everything is the worst solution of all.

SirWill asked for concrete things and not generic ones (and I agree with him there), so that is why I recommended adding maintainers to the team slack channel. I would like to have some feedback on that suggestion at some point in the near future.

4. Werwolfi_de

Werwolfi_de Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I totally agree with slinds last post and im a potato :) so if i fail to click on the launch button i go to sleep.
    Joking but yeah. For me i have a lot of stuff to do right now in real life im trying to do my best with the staff work and trying to hop on the servers to play a bit as long as i can.

LunaBlossoms and johnfg10 like this.
  5. johnfg10

Local Time:
    This is what I mean this is perfect tell us what's up :D also I more feel sorry for craftmines dev as he's just been ignored I just like knowingvhow its going :)

SirStudMuffin likes this.
  6. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:46 PM
    Nero Pack confirmed

johnfg10 likes this.
  7. johnfg10

Local Time:
    Its on the mym mod pack team page ofc its confirmed :p

8. _prpl_

_prpl_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:46 PM
    When this server started.. Sir will and slind did most everything. They responded to tickets and forums and moderators moderated chat. Fast forward just a year.. Our staff is helping get servers up and running.. Trying to keep ahead of mod conflicts within each pack.. Staff had to jump on a couple of weeks ago and build six spawns in a week. Our staff now handles tps issues.. Claim transfers.. Bug reports.. And a pile of other problems that come up daily not to mention while trying to keep the bad guys off the servers. So, yes, the days where we used to play and chat has dwindled.. These guys are doing all they can to make sure you get the opportunity to play.

9. johnfg10

Local Time:
    I think the main issue currently is that the system works like this
    Staff brick wall players lucid a while ago made a slack channel for announcments and it hasn't been used that would sort half this issue like mym twitter we are making this fixing that ect[DOUBLEPOST=1462376936][/DOUBLEPOST]Also maybe a channel for players to suggest things mostly form posts to staff

10. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Me and Metalobism just talked this out, i think the thing is that us as players are kept out of the loop, like we hardly know anything thats going on and thats why we get fustrated, maybe like if we had a weekly or even monthly update on whats going on that would be great

johnfg10 likes this.
  11. johnfg10

Local Time:
    What he said

12. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    What no one knows is that there was a private conversation with the craftmine creator before, where we said that we only add less famous packs if our community really wants them. Hence the thread. While the feedback from the community about the pack has been great lately, we have a stockpile of others things to sort through before being able to add any smaller packs. I don't know if it is going to be something within a month, half a year or even a year. Hence there has been no yes or no.

But I totally see and understand that general status report from time to time would be great.

13. johnfg10

Local Time:
    And my point comes back no we didn't know the whole point on trying to get across here keep us in the loop

14. Paint_Ninja

Paint_Ninja New Member

Local Time:

johnfg10 likes this.
  15. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Facebook hasnt been used in over 3 years

16. Tomatoh

Tomatoh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:46 PM
    personally I am waiting for a Forgecraft2 1.9 pack..

17. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Wrong thread

18. johnfg10

Local Time:
    it sort of works :p