Ferret Business - Gaia Guardian Fight Server Event

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by DragonbornWolf, May 7, 2016.

?

Should I host this event on the server?

1. Sure, why not?

100.0%
  2. I don't think that would be a good idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DragonbornWolf

DragonbornWolf Furry Gamer

Local Time:
    4:30 PM
    So, I been fighting the Gaia Guardian from Botania, and noticed it's health increases by how many players are in the fight. So that got me thinking, "Why not try making a server event of the fight?" And that is what I am planning on doing, if the staff is fine with me doing so.

I made a ticket with this question, and ElectricLemonade said, and quote "Just FYI though, you may get a quicker/more involved response from staff if something of this sort is posted in the forums." So, that is what I am doing.

I made a decent sized island at my place to try and suit the size of the Gaia Guardian arena.
    2016-05-06_22.38.43.

There is a few problems I do notice in this:
    1. When the boss dies, the loot is dropped for everyone to try and grab it. What I am wanting to try to collect all the Gaia Spirits the boss drops to be able to split between every player in the fight (which I can see how many from the health bar of the boss)

2. If a player dies, their grave will be in the middle of the arena, that if someone is mean enough, could steal. What I'm hoping is that their grave be safe until the end of the fight, which they can come back to collect all their gear.

3. If the host (me) dies, the boss fight ends. Was fighting it with TheDylanSneaker, and whenever I die, the boss just disappears.

So, with that said, I want to try and host the tier 1 fight, and if players want to go ahead and do tier 2, I could plan on doing that too

Edit - I made the island more bigger, due to having the smaller island will not work

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  2. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:30 PM
    ohh that would be cool :p

3. DragonbornWolf

DragonbornWolf Furry Gamer

Local Time:
    4:30 PM
    Found a 3rd problem
    Edited the main post with it

4. TheDylanSneaker

TheDylanSneaker Captain G

Local Time:
    11:30 PM
    decent idea

5. ralse

ralse Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:30 PM
    There is a block in extra utilities called the ender collector that picks up items from the world before they are actually rendered and puts them in an attached chest. If you put them under your island they could grab all of the drops (and items in broken graves) before the other players. The only problem is their range which is only 4 blocks out from the collector (Max) and if multiple people die in the range of the same colllector the items will get combined in the chest.