1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Market endgame selling

Discussion in 'Monster' started by vikingghost11, Jun 25, 2014.

1. vikingghost11

vikingghost11 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:29 AM
    Hello, i'm here just saying there is this guy Swintuss he has been selling endgame stuff on the market like iridium, and Universal Unstable matter, Yesterday i told him to remove the iridium he did until i left and he re put it up for sale. So i got a mod he removed the iridium. Now to day hes selling UU matter and people are saying that's endgame so ya. Also would 8 Medium Voltage solar array considered endgame because that is SO close to High Voltage solar array.... Pictures from the market below.
    Thank you for your time.
    ~Vikingghost11

Attached Files:

2. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    1:29 PM
    MV Solar is not really end gome.

3. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    12:29 PM
    I'm not sure there is really much of an issue with selling UU-matter, as without the Scanner+Pattern Storage+Replicator there's no way to actually use it, so only someone who has already build those machines would have any reason to buy it, and in that case it's no different than selling any other resource, so as long as it's not too cheap i don't have a problem with it, as for iridium, while it is possible to produce it through endgame means via Replicator, its also a rare ore that could be obtained by any player lucky enough to find it (easier still considering all the indium ore than rotarycraft adds which can be directly turned into iridium), so again I don't see it being sold as a problem as long as it is appropriately priced.

My previous ruling on the matter was that a HV-solar (as the highest tier of solarpanel) is just over the edge of what is considered endgame.

I think the point that viking is making is that if someone lists 8x MV-solar as a single sale (which is what this Swintuss guy is doing) then that basically amounts to selling 1x HV-solar since 8x MV-solar + 1x transformer upgrade is all that is needed to make the HV-solar.. it's a tough call really because I still firmly believe that selling endgame items shouldnt be allowed as it allows new players who are able to save up some MyM's to skip all the time and effort it would otherwise take to make such items, but clearly if we say that selling HV-solars isn't allowed but MV-solars are then people will just sell them 8 at a time as viking points out in order to cheat the restriction.

Just wondering, but is there a way to set a price cap on market listings, for example so any listing with a price over 100mym would be refused?
    That would at least minimise the risk of people trying to sell high-tier items if the most they can sell them for is 100mym!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  4. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    No it is not possible, but I can add items to the blacklist.

5. Xfel11

Xfel11 Consultant

Local Time:
    If these guys have a big resource production, they'll also be happy to sell it that cheap, that would increase the problem.

chugga_fan likes this.
  6. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    @chaosblad3 oh, I was wrong. It is possible to set a price cap for specific items.

7. slyder5649

slyder5649 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:29 AM
    Not sure if the pricecap is a good idea it would interfere with the economy too much. I'd much rather have the blacklist with a group of items.

8. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Why would it?

9. Xfel11

Xfel11 Consultant

Local Time:
    If you have access to endgame items, you're usually able to make more quite fast, so you'll also be ok to sell them cheap. Remember the UU matter price drop on ultimate? That is exactly the kind of stuff we need to avoid.

10. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    How should they sell the items cheap if they can't go under the price we have set?

11. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    they can sell items on the border, and + when you have me and my team around nothings that expensive, xD, yes i have nether stars on autocraft btw :D

12. Xfel11

Xfel11 Consultant

Local Time:
    I'm not sure if it's an upper or a lower price cap, but at least chaos' original idea was an upper one. A minimal price would in fact be helpful.

13. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    only for certain items would it be, common items are definitly low pricers and those need a price CAP and the endgame need a minomum price cap.

14. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    You're missing the point, we don't want people to be able to buy into endgame at all.

For example, say PlayerA has been playing on the server for a while and has a decent amount of money, PlayerA decides he cba to play on the server anymore so decides to give his money to PlayerB who had just joined the server... even though PlayerB now has a lot of money which he could buy loads of stuff with, we don't want him to be able to instantly skip to endgame by going to market and buying an EV windmill + Iridium rotor and full Quantum suit etc, if they want to buy the base resources and then put in the time and effort to make it then that's fine, but skipping that effort is no different than cheating in my mind, if you didn't earn something then you shouldn't have it, simple as that.

15. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    i'm saying like those people are rare and we're talking the endgame items have prices of like 5k-10k myms, if you have the resources to make it and are too lazy to do it (me) you should be able to pay someone else who has the resources to do it for you, which really helps if you have huge projects and you do things to help the community alot (i have near no free time cuz i'm awnsering questions alot when playing) so you should have a minimum price, a high one at that, for endgame items, and literaly i see people with tons of quantum and ev windmills, they aren't that expensive, just time consuming to make.

16. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    I never said you couldnt buy stuff like that from someone directly if you already have the ability to make it yourself... we just dont want people listing endgame stuff on the market for just anyone who can afford it to buy.

17. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    so wait i can pay others who can make endgame items to make them for me? so i can pay people to make me kami items now? (i never made them before just asking)

18. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    No, the specific ruling which you can find here states that you can only buy kami items if you have made them at least once before.. so you can buy replacements if you have lost the original, but you can't buy originals to begin with.

Same for other endgame stuff, for example you can't buy an EV windmill if you haven't made at least 1 EV windmill beforehand... obviously this is mostly honor based as we're not gonna waste our time monitoring every player interaction to make sure people aren't selling high tier items to low tier players but you get my point, and if anyone is obviously doing it like advertising endgame items for sale in chat then they will be dealt with as necessary.

19. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    so wait, i can buy the wand and exp drain because we lost a set of those kami items to a random explosion, and i can buy ev windmills, fusion reactors on the go, and just about every single item in the GAME? (save most kami items)

20. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    As long as the sale is conducted with someone you have contacted privately and nothing about the buying or selling of endgame items is ever mentioned in public chat then what does it matter. (Kami stuff only if you have Kami research unlocked obviously)