1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Chunk loading

Discussion in 'Galactic Science' started by alven4, Oct 17, 2016.

1. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:04 AM
    How does the chunk loading and speed of machines work here exactly? Someone told me that I can use "anchor" to chunk load 10 chunks for free.
    Does the chunk loading here work like on the other MYM servers? Are the chunks that I am not standing in right now slower?

2. Timkoo

Timkoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Anchor from what mod?

3. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:04 AM
    Thats a bug and i wouldnt exploit it... use mym chunkloaders

4. Timkoo

Timkoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    True. As tyler said you need to use original

5. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Can you please answer my other questions too?

6. stijn04356789

stijn04356789 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hello,

I will do my best to explain the situation as good as possible.

MyM is only loading the chunk where you are standing in at this moment at the full 100%, all other chunks that you can see are running at a lower tickrate and with this machines and others are slower or are not working as they should.

You can use our chunk loaders, a gold (offline) or an iron (online) block. You have to please these chunk loaders in a chunk and after that shift right click the chunk loader with an empty hand. This will open a gui for you. You can now select a radius of the chunk loader. Note: it are chunks, not blocks. You can choose between 1*1 to 9*9 chunks to load.

Once placed and you selected the radius they will chunk load the chunks according to the block type you placed (gold/iron)

To let them work you need chunk loader tickets. You can buy these in the /shop and by clicking on the emerald. You will have to pick the option to buy chunk loader tickets. You can buy these tickets by using your tokens that you get from voting. 1 Tokens is 10k tickets which should give you a decent time.

Chunk loaders consume the tickets that they are using per 1200 ticks, so if a server is running all the time at 20t/s then it will be 5 minutes.

A side note, you have to buy the tickets first and place your chunk loader after that, that is my own experience where it sometimes fails (same happens if you run out of tickets, you have to replace it.)

If you have any further questions then please submit a new post and we will be glad to further assist you.

Happy gaming

richray83 likes this.
  7. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Thank you very much for answering my question.

8. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Its per minute... 1200/20=60sec

9. CreateInc

CreateInc Active Member

Local Time:
    Kinda offtopic but, is this server still on and running? i can't seem to find it in the server list @ "Join us"

10. LunaBlossoms

LunaBlossoms Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The server changelog shows no sign of it being closed so it is still on and running as well as it is listed on the Wiki Server Ip page. Honestly, don't remember Galactic Science even ever being on that 'Join Us' page.

11. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You can easily check running servers using the STATS button at the top of the page and choosing server status.

LunaBlossoms likes this.