Info MC 1.10. 2 Direwolf20 Status Report

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by Slind, Nov 17, 2016.

1. CollinsToys

CollinsToys Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:25 AM
    This is a weird question. I play most of the other MYM servers and I have no problem. This one makes me nauseous. I changed the FOV and the resolution and am not sure what is different from this server to the others. Did they change something from the new update or maybe the fps stuttering is doing it? Just curious.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  2. adoomi

adoomi Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:25 AM
  3. TomboyEnthusiast

TomboyEnthusiast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I believe it is the FPS stuttering for you CollinsToys. If you just turn on V-sync it should reduce the stuttering making it playable.

4. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    that's not how it works, V-SYNC just means that each frame must be completely loaded before it is displayed to the screen, prevents "vertical tearing"

5. TomboyEnthusiast

Local Time:
    I speak from experience when I say that

6. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    "experience" does not trump what vsync actually does, vsync is "vertical syncronization", it prevents screen tearing by limiting FPS to the refresh rate or lower, aswell as making sure each frame is loaded before it is displayed Analog television - Wikipedia explains how it works pretty well, as well as why it works

Vouch and johnfg10 like this.
  7. TomboyEnthusiast

Local Time:
    He was having stuttering in his frames, I told him how to I stopped the same issue. I understand what v-sync is, I was sharing how I fixed that same issue for myself using v-sync. Thanks though.

8. Nebulize

Nebulize Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:25 AM
    After those restarts or crashes... My Items get Deleted, do we know what is causing this? Are we doing roll backs or is a file or files not recording what is in our inventory at the time of restarts. I have also died on a few claims in the nether because of this and don't see my grave or have a way to get my stuff. Also the mobs are hard to fight with the lag and glitchy performance. Are we just waiting for the patch until we address this problem? I do enjoy this pack. I like all the mods put into this DW mod pack. :shame: