1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Can't log in on launcher

Discussion in 'Other' started by camospyro, Jan 7, 2017.

1. camospyro

camospyro Just some guy who can't do anything right

Local Time:
    12:10 AM
    I cannot log in on the launcher it tells me this:

Code:
    javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
    at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
    at com.skcraft.launcher.util.HttpRequest.execute(HttpRequest.java:129)
    at com.skcraft.launcher.auth.YggdrasilLoginService.login(YggdrasilLoginService.java:45)
    at com.skcraft.launcher.dialog.LoginDialog$LoginCallable.call(LoginDialog.java:326)
    at com.skcraft.launcher.dialog.LoginDialog$LoginCallable.call(LoginDialog.java:314)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
    at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.engineValidate(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.validate(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkTrusted(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(Unknown Source)
    ... 19 more
    Caused by: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
    at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.engineBuild(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.cert.CertPathBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
    ... 25 more

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2017
  2. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:10 PM
    Reinstall java? Check the option for java path aswell

3. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    6:10 AM
    What system are you on, anything special?

This means that your computer could not validate a SSL certificate. Most likely scenario is probably a proxy/vpn being in play.

4. camospyro

Local Time:
    No proxy or vpn and just a dell inspiron 15. It was working fine the other day. I will reinstall java.[DOUBLEPOST=1483857402,1483845698][/DOUBLEPOST]So I made it worse I can now log in but cant open MYM launcher though I can open the normal one apparentally I can get back on till the launcher updates to us java 8 update 111... any chance something can be done about the whole "Island is gone in two weeks"?

5. littlejdude

littlejdude Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:10 PM
    A mod should be able to create a global absence for you if you ask nice enough :D

6. camospyro

Local Time:
    idk why it wont work tho like i can use minecraft (which needs java) but i cant use the MYM launcher because of java?

7. __CBitt

__CBitt kek

Local Time:
    5:10 AM
    If your handshaking process is timing out it could be wise to look through your network adapters, have you recently installed/uninstalled any LogMeIn Hamachi services, as these tend to clog your internet.

8. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    @Xfel11 any idea what else it could be caused from?

9. Xfel11

Xfel11 Consultant

Local Time:
    So, you did a java update and it stopped working? do I have that correct?

10. PsychoDadd

PsychoDadd Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    I would delete this folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_111 (JRE)
    And reinstall JRE from:
    Java SE Runtime Environment 8 - Downloads

I think you, as the log says, messed up some pathways .. And as Slind pointed out the handshake failed.
    The error might lay anywhere.. Reinstall my friend ;)

tyler489 likes this.
  11. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    please do a clean reinstall of java, by using the uninstall tool and restart the computer between uninstall and install.
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features

12. camospyro

Local Time:
    Ok I will try that at the moment when I try to start it up it says this application requires a java runtime environment 1.7.0_35-1.8.0_18 when closed it sends me to download runtime from java when downloaded it doesn't work.[DOUBLEPOST=1483908099][/DOUBLEPOST]It doesn't appear in the uninstall tool...[DOUBLEPOST=1483908297][/DOUBLEPOST]Whenever I try to install java it try to install to a folder... which dosent exist?[DOUBLEPOST=1483908598,1483908006][/DOUBLEPOST]@Xfel11 basically I uninstalled the old one thinking that that would fix everything then downloaded java 8 update 111[DOUBLEPOST=1483908831][/DOUBLEPOST]Java wasn't the issue in the first place, it was a program I had previously downloaded though I got that fixed, but I thought I should try uninstalling and reinstalling before I did that that is what is causing this issue. the runtime asked for by the launcher is 1.7.0_35 through 1.8.0_18[DOUBLEPOST=1483908957][/DOUBLEPOST]Minecraft itself is working fine but MYM launcher... not so much[DOUBLEPOST=1483910117][/DOUBLEPOST]can anything be done in case I cant get on in the next two weeks because I'm a max level werewolf and my friend is a max level vampire and I don't think either of us want to lose that[DOUBLEPOST=1483910281][/DOUBLEPOST]I cant even install forge

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  13. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    @camospyro find me in TeamSpeak any night usually between 2100 - 0300 Pacific Standard Time.

14. camospyro

Local Time:
    I don't have teamspeak and cannot get it @BookerTheGeek[DOUBLEPOST=1483926937,1483922853][/DOUBLEPOST]plus I have school and in EST so when you get on teamspeak it would be 1 am for me and 7 am when you leave

15. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Gotcha... I need the following information from you please...

1) Is this your computer, or a family/parents computer?
    2) operating system

16. camospyro

Local Time:
  17. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Great. I'll have a set of instructions for you to follow to hopefully fix your issue up by the time you get home from school.

18. camospyro

Local Time:
    @BookerTherGeek Ok so school just got called off...[DOUBLEPOST=1483934982][/DOUBLEPOST]So if ya need me ill be be doing.... something. I'll probably check this every few hours[DOUBLEPOST=1484005482,1483934913][/DOUBLEPOST]Is there any chance you can somehow swap the island leader because my pal is saying that someone is stealing stuff and I cant get on to stop them so can the island leader somehow be switched to agbfygl?[DOUBLEPOST=1484011175][/DOUBLEPOST]@BookerTheGeek Any luck?

19. agbfygl

agbfygl Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I'm fine with becoming the island owner if necessary. I'll do what I can to prevent anything else from being taken, but it can sometimes be difficult to determine who I can fully trust and who I can't.

20. camospyro

Local Time:
    @SorenPDK That file does not exist?[DOUBLEPOST=1484034111][/DOUBLEPOST]It appears that installing java and/or java runtime environment doesn't work[DOUBLEPOST=1484034282][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm trying one more time[DOUBLEPOST=1484035593,1484034063][/DOUBLEPOST]alright so java just refuses to install correctly? Even though minecraft (which is supposed to need java) will work? MYM Launcher and Forge installer refuse to run and the is no sign of java other than the installer. Literally nothing will work this is at least my 5th time attempting this and its getting frustrating. Java won't install JRE won't install the launcher or Forge Installer can't run without it and I cant do anything mod related I can't progress in SF I can't install SF 3 and I can't even use optifine. Please if you know why java refuses to install help.