How to fix your base from being on the lag list. Common problem solvers.

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips und Tricks' started by ProDminer, Jan 28, 2017.

1. ProDminer

ProDminer Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:26 AM
    Hello everybody, its ProDminer here and back with another tips and tricks session.
    Now this was inspired cause lastnight everyone blamed me for lag, cause of this dimension x= 1606,Y=63Z=4334
    Now this is comical cause my base is those cords except, my Z=430, not 4K apart.

Now today I was in the bedrock dimension, and I actually seen my base on the lag meter.
    Now this got me thinking why is it happening, so my first thought was only a partial chunk load.
    So I said lets add a gold block to the entire base, then I went exactly where the "Lag" was being caused.
    Turns out it was a dense cable, so I realized what was going on.
    I seen we had Alembics 3 high that where for all the primals hooked to that area where it was causing lag.
    So I took down the top 3 alembics, and I sat there and took down the essentia bus.
    Btw I have zero auto crafting that is why this confused me.
    So once I moved some cables and took stuff down, the next lag meter showed I was no longer there.
    It usually easy fixes guys try to fix it :)

So the tips are, Looks and find exactly where the lag says it is coming from, there could be stuff stuck in a network cable, stuck in any bus.
    If you find your self in theses situation, looks for a problem solve, do not let it just sit there.
    You may need to chunk load your base, Gold block = offline, Iron Block = online.
    If your base is a 2x2 chunk I recommend using a 5x5 loader.
    Just know that using 5+ mob spawners will also clog your network and cause serious lag.

Ok hope this helps someone :)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    wyndman likes this.
  2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You'd surprised at how often things get stuck in people cables!

Kazeodori likes this.
  3. ProDminer

ProDminer Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Ya and know what else I think I just found a big bug with dense cable and energized void stone.

It seems that block does not like my AE cable and it moved the lag to 1 block over which only thing it touched was that cable.
    So I took my essentia drive bay storage moved it next to the ones in the basement. Then I moved the entire red dense network so its a solid red dense cable for everything on that not multi part on the ME controller.

So lets see if that fixed it, if not im gonna lay glass on the dense cable and see if it gets stuck there.[DOUBLEPOST=1485639576,1485636248][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok found the issue, I had a black flux cable touching a blue dense cable with ME glass cables. So what happened was items where fluctuating back and forth. I know this cause the bottom bus was importing the bottom of my machines, and the blue one was exporting "set items" to as said machines. So it seems the problem is solved.

Slind likes this.