skyfac 3 storage

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by fredric4life, Mar 7, 2017.

?

whats best ( considering both lag and reliabillity) ?

1. external storage

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. disks

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. fredric4life

fredric4life Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:01 AM
    hello everyone, i have some questions regarding storing stuff in skyfactory 3 using refined storage.
    the thing is some pepole say its really high chance of loosing items ( because its the most unstable pack ever lol ) if you use disks, and therefore recomend external storage, while on the other hand, other pepole are using disks without any problems at all, and apparantly external stotrage causes tps/fps issues, and i dont wanna lag the server for everyone else. so i just wanna know everyones thought on this and their experience with loosing stuff and or lag regarding refined storage, thanks :D

2. ProZed

ProZed Active Member

Local Time:
    7:01 PM
    Any items i have over 100K i always use deep storage unit connected to ME system

3. fredric4life

Local Time:
    well, applied energistics is not in skyfactory 3 from what i remember, so we need to use refined storage, the thing is i heard external storage kinda causes tps issues atleast in skyfactory 3, and loosing items is also just a problem in skyfac coz its so unstable

4. Datsaltysnek

Datsaltysnek lover of NCIS

Local Time:
    6:01 PM
    tbh i used storage drawers becuase i was still early game then like 2 hours later i made a basic refined storage system (1 crafting moniter a solder and the 64 storage block) i use the external stortage bus on the drawers but if needed i can easily move everything to refined storage i might take a hour or so but i will do it if it will help the server <3

5. fredric4life

Local Time:
    im kinda thinking of having drawers with external storage on, but if pepole are having no issues with disks i might aswell just use disks

6. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I just disks, they don't appear to be causing any havoc storing things.

7. Datsaltysnek

Datsaltysnek lover of NCIS

Local Time:
    6:01 PM
    well i say use the drawers for farming (thats what im doing) then use the rest of refined storage for ores or for mass crafting (only essentials not 10000000k wither stars)

8. bigbluu722

bigbluu722 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I personally use external storage to drawers for bulk metals/materials with void upgrades on each drawer and metals in compacting drawers so it has access to blocks and nuggets so I don't have to add recipes for those. Then whatever else, I just throw into a few 64k disks.
    -V

9. VILIUS3456

VILIUS3456 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Yeah, Drawers don't cause lag when connected to rs, neither do colossal chests. It was proven that colossal chests have not since their new update.

10. fredric4life

Local Time:
    soo, i guess ill go ahead and use disks then, gonna set up some autocrafting i guess, thanks for all replies :D