1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who says staff has no humor?

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by deepcage, Mar 28, 2017.

1. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    6:23 PM
    Today this happened. Wonder if it was an accident or actually a real ban, but either way, it made me laugh :)

Just wanted this to share with you guys. Arttyyy commented that it was a mistake, but i wouldnt be so sure. I'd probably try this aswell at some point if i was some form of staff xD

Kudos to Arttyyy for making me have a good laugh :)

Im sure staff will have a good laugh over the ban-appeal :)

2. Kazeodori

Kazeodori Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:23 AM
    It was an accident, and was quickly fixed.

3. hunterguy24

hunterguy24 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    generally when someone tries to make a joke, staff immediately smacks that person down to the ground xD
    (notice the generally part)

so yeah, i say they dont xD

4. Broklyn_Datroll

Broklyn_Datroll Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Then don't try to make jokes that are inappropriate. Contrary to what you seem to think, we do have better things to do than babysit chat because some player can't go 5 minutes without spewing racist or obscene language. I'd rather be working on fixing broken recipes or getting new server's set up.

P.S. The line between what one person find funny, and the next finds offensive or insulting can be very thin, so think carefully before making a 'joke'. Especially if it is targeted on another person, calling an insult a joke does not make it one, just as an example. And remember we are a Family Friendly server, so keep it 'G' Rated or keep it out of General Chat.

5. Adrianfish

Adrianfish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:23 PM
    Oh man this is the best screenshot ever, nice job kaze :p

6. Good to know that someone has been keeping my legacy alive!

7. Werwolfi_de

Werwolfi_de Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    nice catch deep

8. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    We all secretly been having these dreams to ban Kaze, but I guess only one was brave enough to actually do it :D

Another funny thing I once saw was, when a Jr forgot to add the d (as in "days") to the banlength, so he banned someone for 2 seconds.

9. ProZed

ProZed Active Member

Local Time:
    Its not humor if it doesnt trigger sonebody

10. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Finally we can be free from Kaze's wrath for two days.

deepcage likes this.
  11. WikidSick

WikidSick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:23 PM
    Ikr

deepcage likes this.
  12. wyndman

Local Time:
    A psychologist was walking along a Hawaiian beach when he kicked a bottle poking up through the sand. Opening it, he was astonished to see a cloud of smoke and a genie smiling at him.

"For your kindness," the genie said, "I will grant you one wish!" The psychologist paused, laughed, and replied, "I have always wanted a road from Hawaii to California."

The genie grimaced, thought for a few minutes and said, "Listen, I'm sorry, but I can't do that! Think of all the pilings needed to hold up the highway and how long they'd have to be to reach the bottom of the ocean. Think of all the pavement. That's too much to ask."

"OK," the psychologist said, not wanting to be unreasonable. "I'm a psychologist. Make me understand my patients. What makes them laugh and cry, why are they temperamental, why are they so difficult to get along with, what do they really want? Basically, teach me to understand what makes them tick!"

The genie paused, and then sighed, "Did you want two lanes or four?"

Staff has humor....

13. Sadly, 99% of that humor is in someone whose name has only one vowel, is difficult to spell and even more difficult to speak (unless it is really what someone would say to another guy in the middle of a tornado, "wind, man!", If so then strike off the last line)

14. wyndman

Local Time:
    Hmm this crowd doesn't like profession humor...

15. ProZed

ProZed Active Member

Local Time:
    If you never seen filthy frank or idubbbz. You dont know what real humor is

16. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    As a survivor of non-moderated chat cancer I agree with the statement that people are going [this was removed by a moderator] whan there are no moderators on the server.

Also found likely the worst joke ever posted on the internet:[link was removed by moderator]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  17. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    welp, looks like i got here 8 minutes late. now how am i supposed to read the joke? lol.

18. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:23 PM
    Maybe you're just doing it wrong.

Three scientists visit the beach, a biologist, a physicist and a chemist.

The biologist is so amazed at the marine life that they become distracted enough to walk into the ocean and drown, never to be seen again.

The physicist is so amazed by fluid dynamics that he too walks into the ocean, never to be seen again.

The chemist looks at the ocean, picks up a stick and writes a simple observation in the sand. "Biologists and physicists are soluble in water."

19. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
  20. And hence the unseen mythologist invents the legend of the abducting mermaids

21. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Now you know why i rarely pay attention to the admin team channel. The puns from @caithleen are at least original ;-)