Done Passive mobs not spawning

Discussion in 'Agrarian Skies' started by RabidCadaver, Aug 2, 2014.

1. RabidCadaver

RabidCadaver Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:16 PM
    So I spent a week waiting for any passives to spawn on their own, and ended up spawning cows with eggs eventually. I was trying to avoid using my only 2 leather for it.

Let me lay it out, to see if I'm missing something.
    I've a large patch of grass blocks, 25m+ from my usual hangout. It's lit, open to the sky. I have the biome there changed to plains on both of the chunks it's in. I have no magnum torches down, though I think that's only for hostiles.

I have cows there now, as part of a breeding program, but no other critters will spawn. 25m away on another platform, I have a very small mob spawner built. It spawns hostiles with abandon.

ideas?

2. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    10:16 PM
    I'm not sure but I think passive mob spawning is disabled by default in the modpack. If you don't mind, please start a single player world, open it to LAN and allow cheats. Now you can use ./gamemode 1 to get into creative and build the big grass platform with ease.

3. YourMCGeek

YourMCGeek Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:16 PM
    Or you can go into your More World options and enable cheats

4. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    9:16 PM
    The "learning to skyblock" quest chain specifically instructs you to build a grass platform 30+ blocks away and wait for passive mobs to spawn so I think it is more likely a problem on our end..as I was telling willi the other day, all Agrarian servers seem to have a problem with the total number of mobs that the server will allow to spawn because every time that people mention passive mobs not spawning I check the mob count and it is usually around 1,500-2,000 and after cutting that down they sonetimes start spawning again.

RabidCadaver likes this.
  5. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    The same issue was on agrairan +, so I changed something but i still don't know if it fixed it.

6. RabidCadaver

RabidCadaver Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:16 PM
    That's funny. I had the same trouble in SP. So yeah, it might be disabled. I think it's weird that the book tells you to build the platform and wait, however.

7. ExoNoctua

ExoNoctua Active Member

Local Time:
    James If you need more leather(without killing cows) you can get them for a stack of cobble when you do /c

YourMCGeek likes this.
  8. YourMCGeek

Local Time:
    Does it have something too do with clearlagg

9. ExoNoctua

ExoNoctua Active Member

Local Time:
    No, clearlag only removes entitys's (items that are on the ground) or the mob clear lag will only remove agrasive mobs. This does not include any pasive mob(like a cow and a sheep) mobs that have a nametag(i think) and bosses like the wither

Their is a maximum on the max am0unt of mob that can spawn but that will also include non passive mobs(those still spawn @ my place)

Also make sure your around 30 block away, the biome is not ocean or a other biome that will stop the spawing of passive mobs. and that the chunk is loaded.

10. YourMCGeek

Local Time:
    Ok, and if it was on peaceful the aggressive mobs would not spawn right?

11. ExoNoctua

ExoNoctua Active Member

Local Time:
    yes peacefull will remove the spawning of all aggressive mobs. But the cap is only for the server(to remove as much lagg as possible) and the server doesn't run on peacefull(hard i guess)