Unfair Generation in 'Forever Stranded'

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Arvie, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Arvie

Arvie Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:24 AM
    In my opinion the area people generate can be quite unfairish. Some people have a couple of well, a temple and a dungeon. While some have none at all. For me, I only have 2 well and 1 temple, having an ender sword enchanted with xp boost (I'm not really complaining since that sword can 1 hit most of the mobs). But still, people can be spawner/loot rich or none, through only rng. (Dk how /is creating works, I would assume its random)

2. JamesYong

JamesYong Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:24 PM
    i only have half well and no temple. but u can always go far north or south to look for them which i always do if im boring to do anything at base.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

3. Arvie

Arvie Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    But, you won't be able to touch em since most of em are spawn protected right?

4. JamesYong

Local Time:
    go far north or south, there is no protection as the world is big but not all get occupied by players

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

5. Arvie

Arvie Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Oh, cool, that would suck if a new player occupy that space and their thing is looted.

6. JamesYong

Local Time:
    no worry, when new player create new island. everything there shall get reset.

7. Arvie

Arvie Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Really? oh cool, hope its not 10k+ away from my place. I only have slimeboots XD

8. JamesYong

Local Time:
    u need to prepare a lot if you want to go far far away... not like donator... we have god mode and fly mode... lol

9. Arvie

Arvie Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    its fine, i have emerald armor and i take no dmg for some reason. I might make jet pack first tho, so its easier to fly over there.

10. Get a horse and ride into the sunset! Yeehaw!

TTV_W3lshman likes this.
  11. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Random generation is random. Not much we can do about the way the world gens in. It is more or less a template world sand sandstone and worldgen structures.

12. TTV_W3lshman

TTV_W3lshman Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    4:24 PM
    I like the rng aspect, I had a desert temple whilst my fiancé MisfitGemma had a chest by a shuttle piece, it adds to the feeling multiple people fell from the stars onto what is basically minecraft tattooine

13. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    All because Sir Will wasn't looking where he was flying... I mean we had mechanical issuea. We were supposed to pass by the oasis on our way past the planet,but due to mechanical issues we crashed..

SanndyTheManndy likes this.
  14. You have a lot of mechanical issues. The sled does not have that many moving parts, does it?

15. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    5:24 PM
    The world gen is from forever stranded, the crashed plane is being pasted by us every n blocks. We can define the size of each region, but that can only be done on server reset as it would not play nicely with already created regions :(

When one restarts the island we replace the center, hence looted areas are not being reset. Same with exploring outside the regions. When another player joins and gets an island in such area, the stuff might already be looted.

Unfortunately I do not see an applicable solution for this issue, because Sponge does not have a regeneration feature :cry: and the schematic (responsible for pasting structures/modifying areas) does not support an async/slow mode which would not freeze the server :cry: (it is already freezing the server for a few seconds whenever a new region is being created, while it only places the plane)

16. Arvie

Arvie Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    oh rip, Then I'll try not to destroy/ravage too much when exploring.