1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Possible Adding AE2 Stuff

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by dragon87tamer, Aug 12, 2017.

?

Should AE2 stuff be implemented

Poll closed Aug 26, 2017.
  1. Yes

63.6%
  2. NO

36.4%
  1. dragon87tamer

dragon87tamer Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:25 PM
    Hi there my fellow mym'ers (??) ive been wondering, Would adding AE2 Stuff to Infinity be benifical and i say yes.

Here are my reasons.
    1. It helps Alot
    2. makes AE2 more enjoyable.
    3. here the advantages
    4. (will input here when i remember)
    if u have any input on this please feel free to comment

2. CrimsonSZ

CrimsonSZ Bored of being bored because being bored is boring

Local Time:
    3:25 AM
    I thought they don't add any mods to the pack?

3. Tuffnoodle

Tuffnoodle Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:25 PM
    Correct, we do not add mods to pack, as it goes against what the modpack author intended.

For further info, adding more mods to a pack would make it difficult for players using curse or other launchers that host the original pack. Could they go download AE2Stuff and drop it in? Sure, if they know how (not everyone does!). But we want packs as accessible as possible and this is one more unneeded step. There are other packs with AE2Stuff that we also host, so you can tinker around with that mod on those packs.

4. golemofstone

golemofstone Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:25 PM
    While a nice idea adding mods to the pack would probably be confusing to a lot of the younger players who would find they can no longer join the server because of Mod exceptions, so unless everyone who plays the pack can install the mod manually (And the correct version) and / or are willing to install a modified version of the pack maybe through the Mym launcher i can't see it working :/

Also i think the r3 version is only in alpha so not sure how stable it would be for the server but heres a link if anyones interested ae2stuff-1.7.10-rv3 [Jenkins]

Plus with more servers moving to 1.10 versions would it be worth the trouble ?
    [doublepost=1502529435][/doublepost]Oh i see Tough added something while i was typing xD never mind then :D