1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented An official post about lag

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by AmeliaFireFox, Sep 14, 2017.

1. AmeliaFireFox

AmeliaFireFox Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:20 PM
    Anyone who watches the support channel in discord can know a lot of people complain about lag, however it seems many people don't know the different kinds of lag, as in client-side internet lag, or your computer being unable to run it, or the server actually being laggy.

I think it will be very useful if you could create basically a guideline for players to look at, and be able to figure out which one they have when telling support about "lag"

Rohen likes this.
  2. Demonking55

Demonking55 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:20 PM
    hmmm this sounds like a great idea to me, considering i've heard alot on servers to this same regard

3. Vortex_FlameYT

Vortex_FlameYT New Member

Local Time:
    I know for a fact that it is Server lag as fat as b team goes because i have a 1300 dollar pc with 100 up 100 down internet, checking my ping it is usually around 6-10

4. AmeliaFireFox

Local Time:
    Your internet doesn't mean anything however, its your signal strength ot the server. I haven't seen anyone else complaining about b-team either. In your situation, due to you seeming not understand how it works, I would assume in this case that it is your side that is lagging. I also lately haven't seen any complaints from anyone who plays b-team. If it is lagging, I'm not surprised, it's modded minecraft. Not to mention, you're connecting to a server across the world from where you are, if you live in Canada.

5. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    8:20 PM
    Your internet connection does matter. Using LiFi or light cables will result in a ping lower than when using WiFi. Ping will also get higher when you hit your data cap.

6. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This sounds like an excellent opportunity for the community to yell at me! I'll prepare a lag post immediately!

Rohen likes this.
  7. Vortex_FlameYT

Local Time:
    It seems as me and my friends do experience it too while playing, all at the same time.
    [doublepost=1506380399][/doublepost]
    Thanks a lot, I appreciate the work you staff members put into the server.

8. AmeliaFireFox

Local Time:
    You aren't doing a good job if the community is happy.

9. Vortex_FlameYT

Local Time:
    true

10. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    7:20 PM
    I notice from the flag on your forum account that you live in Canada correct? Fyi the servers are physically located in Germany so even if you have a fast connection to your ISP there is still gonna be a fair amount of latency between your ISP and the German data centre where the servers are hosted.

11. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    8:20 PM
    Anything below 140ms ping is good.