1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Next Modpack!

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by wyndman, Oct 22, 2017.

?

Which mod pack would you like to see next?

Poll closed Oct 30, 2017.
  1. GT New Horizons

20.3%
  2. The Simple Life 2

16.9%
  3. Divine Journey

48.3%
  4. Project Ozone Lite

12.7%
  5. I just want to wait for MyM Skies to finish development.

25.4%
  6. Potato..

21.2%
  7. Farming Valley

9.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tadriel_Greymist

Tadriel_Greymist Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:23 AM
    FTB Unstable was 1.12.

FTB Horizons III is 1.12.2

2. VortexWinds

VortexWinds Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:23 AM
    How about we just make Horizons 3 the new mudpack instead of this list?

3. ApexMega

ApexMega Active Member

Local Time:
    2:23 AM
    How about because it's too new that there might be a lot of bugs still and Divine Journey actually looks like a pretty fun mod.

4. VortexWinds

Local Time:
    if that was the case then they wouldn't have put out age of engineering

5. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    10:23 AM
    FTFY

6. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I have been working on a pack for over a month now. Overview - Primal - Modpacks - Projects - Minecraft CurseForge

Been running it on a "test" server and have been ironing out any issues that came up. Overall it is stable and not many issues. Had a few when first starting it, but they have been sorted now. Currently i am waiting on a certain mod to update (that will require a world wipe), but other than that, 1.12.2 seems to be running well.

7. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Because 1.10 is still barely stable, 1.12 is certainly unstable in a larger environment. Add to that plugins are still being ported for 1.10, 1.12 they aren't more than a concept at this point. Something like adding a 1.12 pack is not in the works yet. The time frame to add something along those line would far exceed @mrminesheeps tolerance for boredom of waiting another pack.

8. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    hehehe... I really want a 1.10 pack. maaaaybe we can get two modpacks, and make ozone lite on of them? for real, it's got an ozone feal to it, and I've gotten somewhat far, with a scarily efficient mob grinder. I also nearly locked myself in the nether. that almost happened.
    [doublepost=1509130207][/doublepost]On that note, maybe there's some server with a low population rate to replace with ozone lite? I can't imagine farming valley being a massive-multiplayer pack, given it's style.
    [doublepost=1509130349][/doublepost]But now I wanna cry because gregtech is gonna get a position if multiple server shutdowns happen. GREGTECH! ughhh, IC2 is gonna drive me insane! ;-;

(In all realism though, I seriously just want a 1.10, non-gregtech-ic2 centered modpack.)

9. CrimsonSZ

CrimsonSZ Bored of being bored because being bored is boring

Local Time:
    4:23 PM
    Well until a large mod is updated for 1.10 (Either Advent of Adscension or DivineRPG, I prefer the latter because it's far larger. Also, I voted Divine Journey.), we'll just have to deal with machine based packs.

10. harryarne

harryarne Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    TBH I'd be happy with either pack as I am out of packs on MYM I want to play. Having played on MYM servers kinda ruined other servers for me - there's a huge differance in class between MYM and other server-hubs imho.

Broklyn_Datroll and Tipsied like this.
  11. golemofstone

golemofstone Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:23 AM
    I've been hoping for DivineJourney for a while tbh, as i have played this on the same network that the pack creator was/is on although sadly its pretty quiet on there so hoping this will get the thumbs up, and a lot of players :D

Also since i'm a pretty slow paced player i have no problem with the seriously hard crafting recipies bring em on :D

Tipsied likes this.
  12. CrimsonSZ

CrimsonSZ Bored of being bored because being bored is boring

Local Time:
    4:23 PM
    Now that you mention it, Divine Journey has a hard and easy mode. Maybe we should have another vote deciding which players want. Or I suppose we could have 1 server per mode.

13. ApexMega

ApexMega Active Member

Local Time:
    hard mode is way more expensive but also feels way more rewarding, easy mode just cuts off some work to make it easier to craft a lot of recipes. i'd say MyM would do hard mode since it adds more time to complete it (500-1000 hours compared to easy modes 300-600). which helps the server with keeping more people. (also I already have a town concept ready for Divine Journey.)
    [doublepost=1509239585][/doublepost]Also, MyM, please do be careful on what you ban from the server (don't ban tbh, just disable it from working) cause banning the wrong item could break the quest book and ruins part of the rewarding experience.

14. Broklyn_Datroll

Broklyn_Datroll Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Thanks harryarne, we do try to make the MYM Community a great place and appreciate that our efforts are not wasted!

@ApexMega , Regarding disabling/banning items: We are very deliberate in the consideration and thought we put into any item that is disabled or banned. It is not something we do lightly, for many reasons. Including what impact it might have on mod interactions as ell as potential Quest Book impact. So rest assured that whatever pack we eventually add, we don't swing the BanHammer blindly. :punch::cool:

Hope this info helps!
    Good Gaming and Have a Great Day!

15. ApexMega

ApexMega Active Member

Local Time:
    Thanks though I still do have some small questions. If Divine Journey does win, will there be an earlier access for some players than others? (could ruin the experience since early access players can get all the special items like Observations on an Immortal and Ritual Chalk which could ruin it for others.) and would keep inventory be enabled or will it still be grave system (since divine journey doesn't have something like advanced genetics which gives you access to save/keep inventory, and mobs are pretty hard hitting until you can craft much stronger armor that's pretty late in.)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  16. VortexWinds

Local Time:
    just another note it would be nice to see some pvp on mym, would be interesting to see how they would set it up

17. ApexMega

ApexMega Active Member

Local Time:
    the Bteam server has pvp, which is simply just a regular /pvp to enable or disable it, where if 2 players want to fight eachother they both have to be okay with it too.
    [doublepost=1509254642,1509253935][/doublepost]tbh, if they just enabled keep inventory, they wouldnt have to ban anything for pvp bypass since pvp wouldn't have a chance to make people lose their stuff...

18. WikidSick

WikidSick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:23 AM
    PVP bypass would be still really annoying when the guy who is PVP bypassing just camps in your base and waits for you to come in and die
    [doublepost=1509303056][/doublepost]Guys! Lets put all our votes together and vote for GregTech New Horizons, Seems like a plan! Lets do it!

Rohen likes this.
  19. ApexMega

ApexMega Active Member

Local Time:
    They could simply add a damage cooldown, you take no damage for 30 seconds after you die <-< they kill you, you kill them, and they cant do much until they get back, plus if they pvp bypass on purpose, you lose nothing, they get banned. It's honestly a good way to get rid of the trolls and keep only the friendly players.

20. WikidSick

WikidSick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:23 AM
    "friendly" idk, it makes me laugh