1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The future of MyM is vague

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Slind, Nov 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:13 PM
    Yup, this is why they give players "x keys a day". So everyone can get them free. but you can buy more.

2. Xx_Canadian_xX

Xx_Canadian_xX Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:13 PM
    How would you get around people having alts and abusing keys.

3. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    People buy a $20 account to get more keys?
    Not sure i call that abusing keys.

4. Xx_Canadian_xX

Local Time:
    So you're talking about a subscription based server.

5. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    10:13 PM
    I think it might be that a Minecraft account costs around $20.

6. Xx_Canadian_xX

Local Time:
    alts are cheap if you get them cracked.

7. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    A bit off topic, but all of the cheap alts come from theft. So you are buying from a fence or thief, or if you sell them somewhere else, you are the fence.

Back to the toppic:
    Abuse of the system is eliminated by not allowing trading of currency between users.

8. Xx_Canadian_xX

Local Time:
    Call it whatever you want, Alts are a reality end of story.

As for the other issue, those alts can simply just use the currency to purchase items and just give them to their other alt, and once again were back on the issue of currency for cash so you need to rewind yourself.

9. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    I just submitted my list of ideas. I guess we wait another day or two before making them all public, for further discussion and votes by likes.

Just a warning ahead. A big part of these ideas are extremely ugly for non paying players. They are well within the terms set by mojang, but everyone who doesn't pay will hate them and wish it never has to come that far. We will try to avoid them.
    (These are in the terms of: Ohh. Hi, welcome. Enjoy your stay..... Happy mining... after investing a lot of time pay, wait or go home.)

10. JessTheGreat

JessTheGreat Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:13 PM
    Fortunately or unfortunately $$$ makes the world go round. Even not for profit orgs like mym have to pay for themselves.

11. CN_Armor

CN_Armor Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    5:13 AM
    Here is a random idea:

They prohibit selling soft currency for hard currency. They prohibit selling non-cosmetic command or items for hard currency. They prohibit selling individual boosters.

But they don't prohibit selling said command or item for soft currency that can only be earned in-game. They don't prohibit selling server-side boosters that effect everyone on the server for hard currency.

So let's sell our perks and starter kits for soft currency, for a high price that you can hardly buy any without a booster. Let's then sell the server-side booster that need to be activated manually in game, and when activated, only last a short time but provide a high multiplier to the soft currency earning. Only performing a certain task can make the multiplier to work. This way, the buyer will always get the benefits, and anyone else on the server at the same time can get some benefits if they are keen enough to notice the booster and perform the task in time, and those who are offline won't get any benefit.

This doesn't break the EULA in any way, but I got to admit this might be too complicated that it may confuse some people.

The42ndDruid and The_Icy_One like this.
  12. CrimsonSZ

CrimsonSZ Bored of being bored because being bored is boring

Local Time:
    5:13 AM
    I like this idea. Almost like events in games such as Warframe.

The42ndDruid likes this.
  13. Slipplaysmc

Slipplaysmc Slippers

Local Time:
    2:13 PM
    That's actually a really good idea imo, and would work as a great kits workaround. It unfortunately doesn't really solve the problems with ranks though, but I guess something similar could be applied.
    The only thing I'd change is the 'certain task' thing, which could be removed. Instead, it could just be completely unannounced, meaning only the donor knows about the sudden multiplier.

14. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Well, I'm trying to figure out a way to contact Mojang support so that we can hopefully work something out, because as I stated, modded /= Vanilla. Modded is very tasking on machines, and thus, servers cost more in a modded environment. Thus the need for "Pay to Win" as Mojang sees it. It's very apparant that you could always "earn" the perks in game via general gameplay, for example mods like Draconic Evo provide a worn version of /fly and basically also /god (Albeit a toned down version of it) and if we were to have a Mojang representative come online, and play around with some of the items, such as draconic armor, and compare it to the commands we give alongside the paid ranks, and then Slind or someone else can show them cost statistics. But that aside, if worse comes to worse and we gotta follow that cursed EULA, we might need to shut down a multitude of servers just to alleviate the prices a bit. It's a bit worrying tbh, but I hope it will not come to that.

Fireforce likes this.
  15. sporefreak

sporefreak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:13 PM
    Ha good luck, why would they spend their time doing this?

Slipplaysmc likes this.
  16. EvilScotsman

EvilScotsman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:13 PM
    Does MYM have the resources to run other games which can be more easily monetised, to offset the cost?

golemofstone likes this.
  17. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    4:13 PM
    @mrminesheeps Just remember that you are not representative of MyM if you do get in contact with them :)

Slipplaysmc and golemofstone like this.
  18. Psanyi

Psanyi Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    What if you use that old thing (i don't know if it can be done now, or it's still up :D)where you had vanilla like lobby server with doors to other modded servers, and you could connect through there.

19. Decnav

Decnav Proud member of the VRMasterRace Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    Just remember when the changes come, and you have to pay to play, it was Mojangrosoft that is putting the barrier between you and the best modded servers.

paplaukes and The_Icy_One like this.
  20. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Didn't MYM have an Ark server? I swear I remember them hosting one before...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.