1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating a "War-Zone" on Project Ozone 2 (and other modpacks)

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by ApyroNox, Sep 22, 2017.

?

Would you like a "Warzone" for the servers?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    46.3%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. Potatoe

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  4. Whats a Warzone?

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  5. Pillow Talk

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:17 PM
    While playing Civilization, I enjoyed the PvP aspect with bounty hunting and in the end, what turned me off the pack wasn't PvP but running out of ideas what to do.

Rohen likes this.
  2. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    12:17 PM
    In my opinion, a large portion of the death of the Civilization pack was the reduction in player-base from the end of the holidays, which caused the PvP people to slowly drain out, causing other players to eventually leave after being alone on the server for a while. The fact that it was built on 1.7.10 at a point when nearly all of the included mods were out of development didn't help, that Thaumcraft research bug probably turned off at least a few players. In hindsight, I could probably write a whole post on the problems Civ had, and maybe I will at some point.

The earliest PvP-based MyM server that I can remember was for Crackpack, which (I think) was a pack designed for "friendly" PvP between members of Mindcrack, by which their PvP aimed to be as non-destructive as possible, and tended to avoid large-scale raids when the target was offline. The MyM pack did not have these self-imposed constraints, and as a result of this, there still existed a pretty big power curve and some nontrivial grind for equipment, which prevented any real quick comeback after bases were destroyed, especially once some groups reached the pack's mid-to-late game, at which point tools for large-scale destruction were made available.

FTB Departed was also used as a semi-PvP pack on MyM, where all but the overworld were PvP, unfortunately the sheer volume of available worlds, as well as the general balancing incompatibility between Advent of Ascension and other content mods made PvP rare in general and one-sided whenever it did occur. A lack of functional claims systems was also noted as an issue, as the pack was released plugin-free.

Regarding the other mentioned packs, Anarchy likely died because it was a vanilla server targeted at a small user-base on a modded network, and I vaguely getting bored with NERO's effective lack of content (technically very feature-packed, but AoA's dimensions get a bit samey and grindy after a while).

The issues from Civ, NERO and Anarchy would likely not impact a PO2 warzone, since the pack is pretty stable with the time it's been out, and those looking to PvP would be able to organise their own battles, possibly leading some players who would never otherwise try modded PvP to join in with some spare equipment. It would have its own issues, largely to do with the steep power curve from tools and equipment, but in theory they could be solved with quite a bit of work. Personally, I'm not sure it would be worth the effort, but I'm not particularly familiar with the numbers of those who would actually use it over a vanilla PvP server.

3. Cobra114

Cobra114 Active Member

Local Time:
    I prefer to have a world where you can fight without rules and you can lose everything

4. ApyroNox

ApyroNox Someone

Local Time:
    Hey everyone,
    I would like to know how to move one with that?

5. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:17 AM
    This never got past the drawing board, currently the only open pvp area is the Nether on agrarian skies and agrarian skies+

6. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1. First rule of fight club - we dont talk about fight club, so you can't go crying to staff about stolen gear...
    2. You ale willing to fight to the death so you must be also prepare to loosing all your stuff if you loose.
    3. [...etc...]

7. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It's always something to think about with yet the next mod pack development phase.

8. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    So... when new modpack will be released maybe with the hype train you(Staff) can also try this idea, if it works so then add this to other servers

9. dragon87tamer

dragon87tamer Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    well i voted no, that way the original pvp can stand! coz i like wondering everywhere, (literally) and a warzone would just be another place to look around, and i dont like dying to players, losing items, etc.etc...so thats why having the system stay as it is, is great. do /pvp and u can find out how to turn it on....if u wanna attack other players turn it on...u will only be able to damage ppl who have pvp enabled on anyway....whats the harm of keeping as is.....constant pvp areas are also a great way to rage quit.....*randomplayer spent 12 hours getting stuff on say Project ozone 2 normal, only to think i could do pvp....gets his/her backside kicked and he/she loses, that player potentially loses all stuff....then rage quits coz of the hardwork that went down the drain.....

*Disclaimer
    Just my opinion!! XD

10. ScarletHamster12

ScarletHamster12 Tainted Wolf Patron Tier 3 Booster

Local Time:
    1 Rapiers 2 it will turn dirty quickly 3 potato

Also if there is a pvp server it should be a more vanilla than po2

also also it would be annoying for staff to have get in the middle and also most commands would have to be scraped :p just sayin

11. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    Just build an arena yourself and claim it, then invite others to come try it out and pvp with you. Not that hard. Better for a player to set it up themselves a simple way like this than for the staff to set it up on the server.

1.) Build an arena
    2.) Claim arena /Build in corner of island
    3.) Find out who wants to have a war
    4.) Have two areas or more where teams wait for start
    5.) Make each team if doing teams wear the same colors or something to tell each team apart.
    6.) Make teams do /pvp in chat
    7.) Announce in chat that its starting.
    8.) Kill each other, DO NOT steal loot let people get their stuff back.
    9.) Finish war
    10.) Have fun... :)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  12. ApyroNox

ApyroNox Someone

Local Time:
    mhh the problem is /pvp doesn't work... at least not on Project Ozone 2

13. ScarletHamster12

ScarletHamster12 Tainted Wolf Patron Tier 3 Booster

Local Time:
    is ozone 1.10?

14. roobarb2

roobarb2 Bah, life is over rated

Local Time:
    Maybe you should add a command that enables and disables item drops or a different area. It can prevent players from progressing just by killing someone, and it lets you gamble and PvP without any drawbacks. I think this is a cool idea but idk if it is completely fool-proof. Most of the times I've suggested something it's been shot down quite quickly but this would be cool to see in some of the non-hardcore packs.

15. WikidSick

WikidSick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:17 PM
    A command that would enable and disable item drops would be abused fast, the different area thing, I dont know is it possible or not

16. roobarb2

roobarb2 Bah, life is over rated

Local Time:
    Then we'd have to make a counter measure, like a cool down timer on the command. The different areas thing is possible but might be tricky, I've seen it on other servers but they have been non-modded so it could be troublesome.

17. ApyroNox

ApyroNox Someone

Local Time:
    mhh i understand... but if the warzone is not a good idea, it would be great to at least have /pvp working on all servers... because on projectozone2 you cannot fight with /pvp activated

18. WikidSick

WikidSick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:17 PM
    Go to nether then you can fight with /pvp activated

19. ApyroNox

ApyroNox Someone

Local Time:
    sure? i tested it multiple times on Project Ozone but didn't made any damage

20. Monkey_Banana1

Monkey_Banana1 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:17 AM
    This 'War-Zone' idea sounds great but it may be harder to carry out.
    Players that are curious / new to the servers where these Zones are implemented on may experience sudden death with not even a glimpse at the rules. This would cause distress within the player base and possibly issues regarding 'killing'.
    Im not saying this idea is completely useless but possibly could be implemented but in a 'safe' way?

- Monkey