Implemented CL Server 1 very slow

Discussion in 'Crash Landing' started by Dawnwraith, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Dawnwraith

Dawnwraith Delighted Digger.

Local Time:
    9:32 AM
    Hi Admins,

I have been away for a few days and come back to a very very full server.

There is lag on the first CL server, not spikes, but one long slowdown that never seems to end. Everything is happening slower than normal, things are cooking slower than normal, trees are taking longer to grow. Everything just seems to have slowed right down to a crawl.

Its very odd since I am used to having block lag due to my laptop not being the best, but this is not the same thing.

On the other hand, thank you for extending the time between saves and backups, honestly the extra five minutes between them has made a huge amount of difference.

Also thank you for the cities, just awesome!

Dawn

2. Dawnwraith

Local Time:
    Wow this is horrible. I put some ore dust into the Furnace so I can get some ingots. The heating marker is jumping forward, then backwards, then forwards, then backwards.

It is taking three times as long to make a single ingot.
    Please, everyone is noticing how severe the lag is on Server 1, please please look into it. This is not fun.

Also, just for comparison. When it becomes night, the mobs are spawning before the light is down. This is because the server is registering it as night time, before the loaded areas are actually showing the moon. This is from lag, the server is not able to catch up with itself it seems.

And finally, I break a block, break the second block, the first reforms. I break the first block again, the second block reforms. I break the second block again, it suddenly reforms while I am breaking the third block then just as suddenly it pops off and is ready to pick up. Erm....

Dawn

3. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    10:32 AM
    Somehow the dropped items had a very high Time/Tick. Maybe because of Pneumaticraft. I also forced a restart to limit the slots to 50
    [​IMG]

4. Dawnwraith

Local Time:
    Thanks SirWilli, your fast response and help is always highly appreciated by your members. I cannot thank you enough for looking into the problem on the server.

Dawn