Any New Mod Packs Happening?

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Xx_Canadian_xX, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Xx_Canadian_xX

Xx_Canadian_xX Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:53 AM
    What's going on with this network? Use to have new mod packs out on the regular and these days seems nothing much is happening. There are so many mods and admins around it makes me wonder what exactly everyone has be doing? Everyone asleep over here since this EULA issue arose?

I seen a new modpack Revelation has came out on Dec 20th and didn't even see it on the network yet.

Not trying to complain, but I'm complaining if that makes anysense.

harryarne likes this.
  2. Cantiel

Cantiel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:53 PM
    we did have a survey for a new modpack some time ago, and staff is still working on the mym modpack too, but the whole eula situation put a lot of things on hold for the moment since it has higher priority.

if that modpack is so new, it's rather unlikely to be added soon. most modpacks have to get heavily adjusted & balanced for large servers which takes time. plus there needs to be a high demand for said modpack first

3. Xx_Canadian_xX

Local Time:
    Odd other large Networks with less staff had the pack out in 2 days...

4. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    The 1.12 packs are stil expermental and the Mym plug-ins Arnt up to date with the 1.12 packs as skind said in a other post

As soon as the old aoe nodes are shutdown they get ready
    That's 3 old aoe nodes

5. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    7:53 AM
    A lot of staff have been busy these last couple months due to work and the holidays (me working retail). We are getting back on track. Once the old AOE nodes are officially shutdown, we will have more space and new packs coming out. I have plans coming very soon on this front

6. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    What packs will be released soon:
    1. Divine Journey
    2. MyM Skies
    3. Potato - cuz we all love potatoes

SGamerXxX and PotatoWithHat like this.
  7. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I see a total of ten other servers who even offer this pack, of those six of them are whitelisted servers, all of them are a much smaller and entirely more draconian in punishments then MyM. We've voiced our concern repeatedly over the state of plugins and protections publicly when it comes to 1.12 packs, and since we would rather not force a whitelist or permaban players for every action it remains in the not so distant future as a potential pack that has not been implemented.

If you think back to the release of 1.10 packs there was a dearth of features present, and the community as a whole was frustrated, 1.12 promises to be even more feature scant as the mods and plugins for a server based release are simply not fully developed yet.

8. PotatoWithHat

PotatoWithHat Lord of Giraffes

Local Time:
    I'm a potato :3

9. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    From what I've read on this site Divine Journey is blocking new releases as it's a very problematic modpack to implement on the network.

10. wyndman

Local Time:
    Divine Journey is actively being tested, and we're working diligently to ensure a smooth release.

ThePhoenix116 likes this.
  11. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    7:53 AM
    The server would be fairly tricky to implement due to restrictions we put on our servers to reduce lag so it is playable to everyone. I would know. I am currently doing a speed run through the pack to find potential issues.

12. Xx_Canadian_xX

Local Time:
    That's good to hear, I hope to see it on the network sometime soon, I was worrying that the network was falling off.

13. SGamerXxX

SGamerXxX Builder of Blocks, Killer of Zombies

Local Time:
    11:53 PM
    Mmn Potato..nom nom nom.

JessTheGreat likes this.
  14. harryarne

harryarne Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Diligently, but slowly?!? I realise it's free for me and unpaid work for you, but getting everyone's hopes up about something new comming and then nothing for 2 week (no update, no news, no nothing). Sorry for being impatient and ungreatful, but somehow I justify it with beeing set up and then let down. If you'd rather not release anything new, do let us know and we'll plan accordingly. It's been ages now.

15. Xx_Canadian_xX

Local Time:
    Agreed this Network has really fallen off. Sad really.

16. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    This is not a pack that can be setup in a few days. It requires a lot of adjusting/tweaking... which takes time. Work is progressing.
    If it would be straight forward to setup there would be servers for it already.

17. harryarne

harryarne Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Good to hear news about this from admins. I am not about to abandon ship if things are being worked on. MyM is still the best modded MC experience out there IMHO.

18. wyndman

Local Time:
    There is always fine balance between what do we tell the player base, versus what is kept in house. What I can tell you is. Divine Journey is coming, due to the way HQM works we have to figure out work arounds for a public release. Since the questing itself cannot be change as HQM does not like to have it's information pushed out to the client we cannot simply alter the quests to reflect our changes such as the removal of Twilight Forrest. RF Tools line needs to be changed and altered as well. Like Forever Stranded, this pack was never created with a server environment in mind (this is why you see youtube and twtich streams as small or solo undertakings). The pack also boasts taking over a thousand hours to complete in hard mode, even with us cheating it is still quite the undertaking to make sure everything is accounted for. The advantage here is it is 1.7.10 so stability is less of an issue.

As for MyM Skies I've recent updated the Github to be much more reflective of the actual pack now, and less of the red herring that we once had. The secret boss mob is now present in the game, and the plan is to roll it out for internal testing within a week. You have to remember when it comes to work on this pack it is largely being done by only myself and whoever I can rope into doing things at that moment. @Jitrid is working hard on the AI, @Kaymax is making the recipes more Slind worthy. Progress is being made, and we hope to have something to announce soon.

19. EvilScotsman

EvilScotsman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:53 PM
    That's all great to hear. For people like myself who are paying for Patron, any small update on the progress is appreciated. Even a one sentence "We're working on it but problems with X are slowing things down" would be perfect. I don't really frequent this forum or use your Discord so I don't know if that's been said outside of the announcements section.

20. wyndman

Local Time:
    There's also an ongoing conversation about spicing things up for our patrons, being a patron myself I feel your angst!

Braun_ likes this.