1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Divine Journey Patron Server Launch

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Aidoneus, Feb 11, 2018.

1. ProperChilli

ProperChilli Retired Staff

Local Time:
    1:04 PM
    He's already added it ;)

2. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    6:04 AM
    Ah, I see.

3. MadokaMYS

MadokaMYS Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:04 PM
    uhhh what about the launch timing for us normal people? Its not stated there?

EDIT: nvm i'm blind

BanananaBread and WishMage like this.
  4. Monkey_Banana1

Monkey_Banana1 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:04 AM
    :D
    [doublepost=1518403217][/doublepost]:D

5. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    2:04 PM
    Oh man can't wait

Kissqt likes this.
  6. SGamerXxX

SGamerXxX Builder of Blocks, Killer of Zombies

Local Time:
    10:04 PM
    Will there be a non patron server eventually or will DJ be purely patron?

7. Kissqt

Kissqt Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
  8. SGamerXxX

SGamerXxX Builder of Blocks, Killer of Zombies

Local Time:
    10:04 PM
  9. Kissqt

Kissqt Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    Like OMG, so sad it's only patron, so here goes my life AND money :(

But the sir wil tank <3

Question :
    Are dimensions banned since it's only patron? (or anything that changed from regular server ?)
    Is it easy or hard mode? (Is there gonna be several server is there is both mode ?)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    Tipsied and ViesSPR like this.
  10. Decnav

Decnav Proud member of the VRMasterRace Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    8:04 AM
    Pay to play, I knew it was the future.

ViesSPR likes this.
  11. ViesSPR

ViesSPR Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:04 PM
    Yeet! New modpack.

Evan317 likes this.
  12. Evan317

Evan317 Resigned Member of MyM Staff Patron Tier 1 Booster

Local Time:
    As for your first question, I'm not too sure, so I'll leave it to Aido to answer.
    I'm under the impression that the server will be released as hardmode, as that is the mode that the pack defaults to.

13. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    Can’t wait! ... well apparently I can wait because I havent bought patron just for this :cool:

ViesSPR and Tipsied like this.
  14. Rekalty

Rekalty Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Patron only, and only a Hard Mode server? I'm not sure how I feel about that, seems like you're abandoning all the people that have given you money through donation tiers already. Already paid you more than €150, though donation tiers, patron, as well as buying tiers for a few others, all of which will go towards nothing at all, if, going forward, you'll require a constant patron just in order to play. Heck, your current pricing is that of triple-A MMO subscriptions. And yes, I'm aware that "you can just play another modpack", before you say that :p

I just hope that you'll make this for non-patrons as well, and give the option to play both server modes eventually, you'll lose a lot of people if you're just doing patron-only servers.

15. CatArcher

CatArcher Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:04 AM
    exactly my argument. If not for everyone, at least tier-holders, which payed a good amount of money for their ranks. These tiers were expensive.

Rekalty likes this.
  16. Kissqt

Kissqt Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    You just made me remember that the basic patron is 10€ and not 5€ as it supposed to be with the new shop, which is quite expensive, especially for tier user as Rekalty said, but also for anyone else. Lots of people were waiting for new modpack like Divine Journey

MyM should consider low income people for 2 reasons, first one is because it's part of the player base, and i don't see why the player base should be split. Second one, it's technically the biggest part (so even low income generate more revenue in the end)

Also, I didn't have confirmation yet, but IF the server have the same configuration as normal server (understand banned items and dimensions) It is just a normal server, so why would it be patron only? I do understand that running server cost money, but your patron cost are really high for a server.

So if we take in consideration that making the new shop takes time, and this server doesn't cost you any extra resources compare to a "normal" server, you should make "low-cost" patron like patron-, which could be 2.5€/month and only give you acces to specific server without any other perks. I think it would be fair a trade for MyM and the player. The amount is affordable by most people, and i am pretty sure that if most of the player gave 2.5€/month instead of 0, MyM will be in a way better financial situation (and i do not know if the current situation atm, but no matter the current situation, i am sure it will be better)

17. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    Divine Journey is a pretty resource-heavy pack. The automation required for later quest lines borders on obscene, which I would assume heavily factors into the running costs of the server.

18. sporefreak

sporefreak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:04 AM
    Almost everything Mym has done in the past has been free for everyone. whats wrong with Mym doing a single server Exclusive for their biggest supporters?
    I support this patron only server, Do I want to play it? Heck yeah. will I get patron just for it? no.

19. Kissqt

Kissqt Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    @The_Icy_One So is Ozone. I haven't compared both end game, and i don't trust the "marketing" description :p

And that's also why i suggested the patron- (to support MyM while being affordable). As Rekalty said, 10e is huge, it's like playing WoW

@_sporefreak_ So you consider yourself not being a supporter of MyM despite being tier 5? cuz i consider myself as a supporter of MyM with the tier5

Also, as i said at the end of my message, i can understand the need for incomne, but i am pretty sure the price could be less than 10€ while stil being profitable for MyM

ProBattles likes this.
  20. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    I've played both, Divine Journey is much more automation-heavy even through the midgame. The marketing description is pretty accurate if you consider grind to be equivalent to difficulty.