1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Constant Crashing

Discussion in 'Sky Factory 3' started by Grimlock9002, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Grimlock9002

Grimlock9002 New Member

Local Time:
    5:26 PM
    I can hardly get Skyfactory to work or any other modpack for that matter, it crashes about 9 time out of 10. I have Java 8 64 bit. Min RAM is set to 2048, Max RAM is set to 4096, PermGen is set to 256. I provided a picture of specs. Windows 8.1 64 bit with up to date graphics. I've tried many different things including but not limited to, full reinstall of modpack/launcher, full java reinstall, hard forced update on the modpack as well as giving java and the modpack/launcher folder and exclusion from my anti-malware program. I hope I provided all the information in a proper manner D:

Attached Files:

pizzaluc likes this.
  2. ProperChilli

ProperChilli Retired Staff

Local Time:
    10:26 PM
    Hello Grimlock9002, can you please set your min RAM to 4096MB and your max RAM to 6144MB and try again if that doesn't work, please upload a crash-report

We await your response.

3. Grimlock9002

Grimlock9002 New Member

Local Time:
    Seems to be working currently, if anything else goes awry I will bring it up. Thank you, you have helped me very much :D
    [doublepost=1524600220,1524598077][/doublepost]
    It seems as though it crashed again and now continues to crash when I try to load the mods in. Here is the error.

4. ProperChilli

ProperChilli Retired Staff

Local Time:
    The pastebin isn't a proper crash-report, are you sure you followed through the correct steps? if thats the crash-report it gave you, then i don't know what could be causing this.

5. Grimlock9002

Grimlock9002 New Member

Local Time:
    Hmmm yeah that's weird, so, obviously I read the whole process on giving a crash-report but I don't have a crash-report folder. When I look at the Messages and Errors prompt it show the errors being titled something along the lines of hs_err_pid11652, and those are just put right into the C:\Users\<Your name Here>\AppData\Roaming\.mineyourmind\instances\FTB-SkyFactory3\minecraft directory. I'm sorry if this is confusing you, it's making my head hurt a little haha. Worst part is now it's working???? But I can guarantee it will crash again and I'll be replying to you again, just to confuse you again. Other than that I still wanna say thank you for helping. I'll keep you posted. :D:D:D:D
    [doublepost=1524606187,1524601445][/doublepost]Yeah as previously stated, no crash reports folder, this is the only error report it gives me.

6. Xfel11

Xfel11 Consultant

Local Time:
    11:26 PM
    It's a VM error, so that's the only report you'll get. We should probably update the wiki for that.
    Anyways, I'm not actually sure what the error is in this case. There are no readable code locations in the reports, so this seems to be an internal error. You could try to reinstall java.

7. ItsNora_

ItsNora_ Names not actually Noah Booster

Local Time:
    Would his logs (Normal, not crash logs)from the time he tried to launch the pack not help? Seeing where the pack is tripping up?

8. Grimlock9002

Grimlock9002 New Member

Local Time:
    Well, I got the game to run properly for a day and now I get this error when trying to log in. It says unexpected error code 60. I want to apologize for asking for so much help but I'm REALLY addicted to the game right now and just wanna play :(
    To report this error, please provide:

com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonParseException: Unexpected character ('<' (code 60)): expected a valid value (number, String, array, object, 'true', 'false' or 'null')
    at [Source: java.io.StringReader@6aeb12b2; line: 1, column: 2]
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonParser._constructError(JsonParser.java:1524)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.core.base.ParserMinimalBase._reportError(ParserMinimalBase.java:557)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.core.base.ParserMinimalBase._reportUnexpectedChar(ParserMinimalBase.java:475)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.core.json.ReaderBasedJsonParser._handleOddValue(ReaderBasedJsonParser.java:1415)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.core.json.ReaderBasedJsonParser.nextToken(ReaderBasedJsonParser.java:679)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper._initForReading(ObjectMapper.java:3024)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper._readMapAndClose(ObjectMapper.java:2971)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper.readValue(ObjectMapper.java:2091)
    at com.skcraft.launcher.util.HttpRequest$BufferedResponse.asJson(HttpRequest.java:459)
    at com.skcraft.launcher.auth.YggdrasilLoginService.login(YggdrasilLoginService.java:48)
    at com.skcraft.launcher.dialog.LoginDialog$LoginCallable.call(LoginDialog.java:326)
    at com.skcraft.launcher.dialog.LoginDialog$LoginCallable.call(LoginDialog.java:314)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    [doublepost=1524682329,1524678453][/doublepost]
    DIS REGARD

I fixed it haha it was simple, I'm just dumb.

9. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    11:26 PM
    If you state how you fixed it someone else with the same issue can find your solution.

10. Grimlock9002

Grimlock9002 New Member

Local Time:
    I mean, the JSON error came from my VPN soooooo
    [doublepost=1524719085][/doublepost]
    I guess I could mention that swapping my ram allocation to min 4096, max 6144 and permgen to 256 alongside uninstalling and reinstalling java.