1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cryptocurrency payment in shop

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by TomboyEnthusiast, May 19, 2018.

?

Cryptocurrency Payment Options?

1. Yes please!

31.0%
  2. Umm, No thanks.

41.4%
  3. Potato

51.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TomboyEnthusiast

TomboyEnthusiast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:37 AM
    I think it would be cool to be able to buy shop perks in cryptocurrency. That would make it easier for people like me who don't have an income and like mining in our spare time. Not sure if it is even possible with the current shop setup, but it would be awesome if it was :D

2. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    2:37 AM
    Not really something we control. Buycraft controls payment options

3. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    There's also the issue with how cryptocurrency is trans aced, which can take up to 30 minutes and is EXTREMELY volitaile, so it's unlikely that it's stable enough to be usable for such small transactions and such as actually keeping a consistent price

TomboyEnthusiast and BetaPetey like this.
  4. TomboyEnthusiast

Local Time:
    @chugga_fan Bitcoin hasn't been fluctuating much the past few weeks, its mainly the smaller alt-coins. There are services that give you a Bitcoin Visa card but not in my country. I guess I'll just have to wait until Paypal adds support or Buycraft does or something. For now, I'll go into hiding again
    Vanish

5. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:37 AM
  6. TomboyEnthusiast

Local Time:
    @Kronnn You have to also take into account that Bitcoin is ~$8300 USD. The price fluctuation of 2% is such a large amount because of the high exchange rate. The fluctuation from currency to currency does not fluctuate by hundreds of dollars because they are so close in price to begin with. If the USD fluctuated 2% a day it would be minuscule. Also changes in the USD also affect the price of bitcoin drastically. 1 cent fluctuation for USD gets magnified for BTC. It is stable enough that governments are investing in it so honestly the "It is too volatile" argument is invalid in my books. I have ~$10 USD in my Wallet worth of bitcoin, and it only has changed a cent +/- in the last week.

@chugga_fan As for the long transaction times: It is drastically down from what it used to be. I transferred money from my online wallet to my local wallet (Like ~$5 USD) and it verified and went through in under 5 minutes.
    [doublepost=1527009906,1527009004][/doublepost]Plus if no one accepts it, its value tanks :p So if people aren't investing, it crashes in price. When Valve started accepting it for steam games, its value soared. They stopped due to the network fees being so high, and they pulled out, and it crashed. Network fees are back down to what they were (almost the lowest they've been in a year IIRC).

7. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Personally I'm waiting for bottle caps to be the currency.

8. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    Based on the fastest drop I can see at a glance in the past week or so, $7370 to $7299 over 15 minutes, there would be around a 90 cent change in price for the largest available package, which costs 50 euros, assuming a 30 minutes transaction time. I imagine adding a 1-2 euro transaction fee would adequately cover that, if Buycraft were to add cryptocurrency options.

TomboyEnthusiast likes this.
  9. Tyandris

Tyandris Active Member

Local Time:
    1:37 AM
    10% markup would cover fluctuation, another 5% on top would account for service fees to exchange it to local currency :v

10. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You'd need to convince Buycraft to take it as a currency first, I've already contacted them about bottle caps and await a response.

kikkawaryu likes this.
  11. dragon87tamer

dragon87tamer Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    well i hope they accept bottle caps, tho im not sure how i would send them mine XD

12. kikkawaryu

kikkawaryu Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You would send your best courier out to deliver the caps before going to another settlement to help out