1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "best" Guide to playing Sevtech

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by dragon87tamer, May 26, 2018.

?

Did you enjoy this guide

1. Yes

2. No

3. Unsure

4. Potato

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. dragon87tamer

dragon87tamer Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:58 AM
    Before we start, I just wanted to say I know there are going to be people here that will be like..."How did you figure that out" or disbelievers. But i kid you not, I have found the best way to play Sevtech on MYM. Please read carefully.

Step #1. The first thing you do ( tho not necessary) is have/find a base mate, as that way multiple tasks can be achieved simultaneously. The more base mates the easier things will be. Tho do not have to many as some may have nothing to do.

Step #2 (most crucial part to this guide) Follow the Advancements. Can be done by checking you hotkey for it (mine is L) or by pressing ESC on your keyboard and press Advancements.

Optional step#3 Every so often Stop doing progression, and focus on other things like resource collection, Doing other Advancements tabs, Build a base, Make farms. Do things that will have a overall impact in the long run.

There you go. The best guide for Sevtech.

Hope you enjoyed this as much as i did writing it :D

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:58 AM
    This guide changed my life. For legitimate tips though I can offer a few...

• Make sure you find a river or an ocean when making leather, you can simply jump in and press your hot bar keys in the crafting window for an easier time doing this en masse bladder 1 hide 2 salt 3 etc, when you fill the bladder it refills your air bubbles so you won't drown and if you shift click the hide it drops the items back into your inventory.
    • You can make a shield in Stage 0 this makes fighting the shadow creatures closer to trivial if you can find any
    • Use totems for everything! Haste while Mining Strength while fighting etc. huge buffs for a few logs
    • Adult Buffalo are some of the hardest working animals when it comes to chopping, grinding and pressing

3. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    6:58 AM
    The more basemates you have, the less you have to do. With infinite basemates, your work load goes towards 0.

Unless you are concerned with order and structure in your base, then better play alone. Your OCD will thank you. (Btw Harvey doesn't count as basemate, he usually just sits around and does nothing)

4. BanananaBread

BanananaBread The W̴̬̔̂i̴̝͇̇̚l̷͈̾̍l̷̨̋͠ǒ̴̫͝w̴̫̬̍͛

Local Time:
    10:58 PM
    My mouse cursor just gravitated towards "potato" in the poll. Wynd literally saved my life, I can make leather so easily now!

Tipsied likes this.
  5. c0mical

c0mical Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    thanks for the tips

Id just like to add, build shelves instead of chests at age zero. they hold more items 12 over 9 and the material cost is the same

also you can make a backpack and upgrade it to stone at age zero too

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  6. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    6:58 AM
    For those in need for Coralium flesh on a bone (green flesh on a bone in JEI) there's a ghoul spawner at the border of my claim. Coordinates X:1063, Z:2521
    There is also an enderman spawner about 10 blocks away. Both are inside a claimed area, so lure/push the mobs outside before killing them.

Enjoy :)

7. c0mical

c0mical Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    thanks deepcage