1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Glass Fiber Cables IC2

Discussion in 'Infinity' started by Snackumzs, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Snackumzs

Snackumzs Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:16 AM
    After seeing Quantum Solar Panels maxing out and not sending power, I've been working on the cabling and the configuration (setup) of the Panels and have come to noticed that the 8,192 EU/T cap has now been implemented to the Glass Fiber Cables. It use to be Infinite EU with no cap restriction. Any news on when the change happened cause nothing is showing in the Changed Logs section.

Thank you,
    Snackumzs

2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  3. Snackumzs

Local Time:
    They use to send unlimited power on the server with no cap. Use to be able to have 64 Quantum Solar Panels connected to Glass Fibers and they would all drain but now they are filling with EU.

4. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    11:16 AM
    If that was the case then that would explain why the IC2 network caused huge performance issues few months ago.

5. chaseB2

chaseB2 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:16 AM
    I don't believe the cabling was an issue as I had done extensive testing in the past with setups with little problem. The only time I found it to have issues was when people went way overboard with their setups and had hundreds of everything. I found there WAS a limit to how much you could operate with before causing preformance issues but that limit was high and obsurd for someone to do. Although we have found that some players did choose to go a little over the top with the amount of production they had running at once, mainly the extreme amount of mass fabricators being run at once. I used to have a chunk of solar panels running 24/7 for months on end with zero preformance problems. My suggestion would be for this to have some further testing be done on it to find a better solution. I feel like limiting the power could cause people to make more extreme setups with complex networks of cabling and machines doing twice as much work as before. Perhaps I'm looking at it wrong but that's the way I'd see it happening.

FuzzyHarpyBug likes this.
  6. Snackumzs

Local Time:
    Also on a note the Glass Fiber Cables "turn off" and transfer 0 EU. None of my machines are working and they are all connected with Glass Fiber Cables. Dr_Moo and DerEchteGangster came over and looked and saw the issue first hand aswell.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  7. FuzzyHarpyBug

FuzzyHarpyBug A little bit Fuzzy

Local Time:
    1:16 AM
    For the last couple years on most (or all?) of the 1.7.10 servers the glass fiber cables had unlimited transfer rate even though the tooltip says 8192. This was always being explained on the MyM network as a known bug with the version of IC2 being used.

8. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:16 AM
    glass fibre was unlimited (except on tekkit classic where it could only be transferred 40ish blocks before needing a mfsu or something) but then i think when extreme voltage got introduced you had to use the super insulated hv cable i cant remember though. (also its best to keep your cables on a high voltage because it transferre more power quicker to other machenes)

9. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    3:16 AM
    I believe Tekkit uses industrialcraft classic. So this is why that server is different. The weird issue with cables is they send/transfer energy in "packets." I think @Matryoshika could explain this better as far as how these packets worked