1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Items lost through dream world bug

Discussion in 'Crackpack' started by Stony81324, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Stony81324

Stony81324 Active Member

Local Time:
    9:07 AM
    Modpack: Crackpack
    By falling asleep with a brew of sleeping (from witchery) and transferring your items to the dream world, (using the /market stock), you can have your overworld items in the dream world.
    Normally you die in the dream world to wake up, which keeps your dreamworld items in the dreamworld, but if you teleport to your home using /home [name] then you will lose all dreamworld items.
    This accidentally happened to me, which is why I found out about this bug.
    The problem is, that I lost a LOT of important items through this bug.
    I can understand that this is no proof at all, but here is a list of items I lost:
    1 Draconic Staff of Power
    1 Focus pouch with
    1 Wand Focus: Portable Hole
    1 Wand Focus: Warding
    1 Wand Focus: Nine Hells
    1 Wand Focus: Dislocation
    1 Wand Focus: Primal
    ( 1 Wand Focus: Shock
    1 Wand Focus: Frost
    1 Wand Focus: Equal Frade
    1 Wand Focus: Excavation
    1 Wand Focus: Disintegration
    1 Wand Focus: Illumination
    1 Wand Focus: Efreet's Flame
    1 Wand Focus: Distortion
    1 Wand Focus: Mending
    1 Angel Ring-Invisible Wings)
    The items in the brackets are easy to make, it is your decision if you would refund them, or if I should craft them again.
    I would really appreciate your help in this matter by refunding me these items again, but I would understand that a mere oral source isn't any proof.
    If you do decide to compensate for these items, please deliver them to X:3136 Y:63 Z:3344

2. ContinuedAsh

ContinuedAsh Just a boring person.

Local Time:
    2:07 AM
  3. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:07 AM
    It is a known issue with the witchery dream world, you can only go out the way the mod author intended, any other way is going to cause untold havoc upon you. You also shouldn't try to sneak items into the dreamworld as this is not intended and can have disastrous results such as the loss of inventory. I'll tag a moderator to see if they can locate a grave for you if you died in the dreamworld, but if they cannot we will not refund your items. @Moderator

4. kikkawaryu

kikkawaryu Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:07 AM
    I will take a look in the dreamworld and see if I am able to locate a grave and return the items to you.

5. DauidBeck

DauidBeck Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:07 AM
    Salt in the wounds... I've personally had this happen to me... I did /home whilst in the dream world

kikkawaryu likes this.
  6. Tipsied

Tipsied Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:07 AM
    Any luck @kikkawaryu ?

I've also had this happen to me.. it really does suck :(

7. kikkawaryu

Local Time:
    Unfortunately, there was no grave there or any items hanging around. I did find out from another staff member, @Ampedgamin that when using /home in the dreamworld, it will override your normal inventory with the dreamworld one.

8. kikkawaryu

Local Time:
    Marking as done due to the grave not being found with the inventory override. Unfortunately, we do have a no refund policy on the items which we understand is a little bit of a pain but keeps everything fair for everyone.
    Please find more here: Info - Refunds on lost items | MineYourMind Community