1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Question regarding BIOME TYPES .. ??

Discussion in 'Crash Landing' started by CHRISRHODE2004, Sep 6, 2014.

1. CHRISRHODE2004

CHRISRHODE2004 Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    4:07 AM
    What are the benefits for selecting a biome type using the /is menu .... ?? Just curious. Also, i noticed that there is a border surrounding your island - what happens if you cross it .. ?? Thank you for any info.

2. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    12:07 PM
    Changing the biome can effect what mobs spawn for example if you set one chunk to end biome then only endermen will spawn in that chunk.

Additionally changing biome can be very useful when working with bees since when you place down a scented artificial hive the type of hive it turns into depends on the biome it is in.

As for the border, that is the limit of your protected area, so anything build outside the boundry will be unprotected and thus able to be griefed (which is something we can't police as crash landing doesn't have prism for us to check who was responsible), and if you keep going in a cardinal direction then eventually you might encounter another players crash site!

3. CHRISRHODE2004

CHRISRHODE2004 Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    4:07 AM
    Thank you, that is very helpful .. also didn't realize we had bees, i'm new to CL. Though i do have a cobble gen already up and running with a smeltery .. :)

4. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    1:07 PM
    Crash Landing doesn't have bees, but agrarian.

5. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    12:07 PM
    Oh yea, my mistake ;)

6. alphaest

alphaest Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    2:07 PM
    I don't think you can change the biome at all in CL. A jungle with dust in it, imagine that - and free rain water :)