1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Death is Expected: Revival Pack Idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Flobilbo, Jul 20, 2018.

1. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:41 AM
    I had a fastcraft issue, disabled fastcraft ran into another issue fixed that one then I hit a brick wall with this one

---- Minecraft crash-report ----
    // Don't be sad, have a hug! <3
    Time: 7/22/18 8:34 PM
    Description: Ticking memory connection
    java.lang.NullPointerException: Ticking memory connection
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.internal.FMLProxyPacket.func_148833_a(FMLProxyPacket.java:101)
    at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)
    at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
    at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -- Head --
    Stacktrace:
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.internal.FMLProxyPacket.func_148833_a(FMLProxyPacket.java:101)
    at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)
    -- Ticking connection --
    Details:
    Connection: net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager@65a7ea92
    Stacktrace:
    at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
    at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  2. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:41 AM
    Hmmm, so you are unable to even get it started? That's a forge version issue I believe.

Mine loaded up just fine, haven't loaded a world in yet.

Forge version: 10.13.4.1614

Ah yes, loading the world is the issue, got that same crash.

[21:18:13] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: Offendor: truetyper/TrueTypeFont.loadImage(Ljava/awt/image/BufferedImage;)I

[21:18:13] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: Use FMLCommonHandler.exitJava instead

Has to do with the font hahaha. nah nah, def not it but still funny.

Found it, HQM:

[21:41:35] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: Exception caught during firing event cpw.mods.fml.common.gameevent.PlayerEvent$PlayerLoggedInEvent@f0a010a:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_77960_j(ItemStack.java:217) ~[add.class:?]

at hardcorequesting.network.DataWriter.writeItemStack(DataWriter.java:224)

BOOYEAH still got it, updated HQM to 4.4.4 and it loaded great.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  3. Flobilbo

Flobilbo Active Member

Local Time:
    I was thinking of a complete remaster of the pack I wanted to revive it in 1.10.2 but TFC2 is still in the very early alpha stages still so I want to go through with bringing back a slightly easier version of DIE still in 1.7.10 an hopefully get it up on a MYM server

4. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    time to update the HQM then.. and I should probably have looked at the entire report. #iwastootired

5. cbrozak

Local Time:
    Sounds good. I'm going out of town for a little bit this week but when I get back we'll decide what needs to change for the 'slightly' part ;P

I played a bit yesterday and I'm not sure what I'd change as far as gameplay goes, of course updating to their final releases for 1.7.10 of the mods and one thing that bothered me a lot is there was no hardmode map mod back then. I did play a pack the other day that had one so I'd hunt that down or build it. I was thinking something along the lines of crafting a map section that you could place on the wall and they can interconnect to look like an atlas and when you go out with the map in your hand, you are a cartographer and everything gets "written" down on the map which would also update your atlas as well.We'll see, was just kind of the vision I had for the map system.

Any other ideas you have? Or anyone else for that matter?

To be fair, that wasn't even in the report. It was quite a bit back in the log.

6. cbrozak

Local Time:
    No new thoughts or ideas? I'll just start updating and continuing from where I left off then and we'll go from there, how about that?

7. GreyWolf11

GreyWolf11 Former Staffer

Local Time:
    Sounds great to me, really excited for this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbrozak likes this.
  8. Cynnimon

Cynnimon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:41 AM
    Im so excited to give another HQM pack a try. I do wish they weren't all 1.7.10 - it would be nice to get a HQM pack for 1.12. *hint* :D

cbrozak likes this.
  9. GreyWolf11

GreyWolf11 Former Staffer

Local Time:
    Ew 1.12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. BanananaBread

BanananaBread The W̴̬̔̂i̴̝͇̇̚l̷͈̾̍l̷̨̋͠ǒ̴̫͝w̴̫̬̍͛

Local Time:
    12:41 AM
    Ew Tapatalk

11. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    8:41 AM
    Crash-Report Guide — MyM-Wiki 0.0.1 documentation ;)
    [doublepost=1532848226][/doublepost]
    Isn't that the system used in vanilla with maps in item frames?

12. cbrozak

Local Time:
    Indeed, but I wanted a more raw feel of it, more of a cartography or 'grindy' feel for mapping. I think Antique Atlas might be the way to go and I'll implement it in through some way in the questbook I think.

Sidenote, Death:

2018-07-29_03.59.18.