1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against Tekkit Legends Hard Reset

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by FoxytheFoxman, Aug 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoxytheFoxman

FoxytheFoxman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:05 PM
    My Fellow Minecrafters,

Many of you know me as MisterFox. I have come to today to propose a hard reset of the Tekkit legends server. With the restriction and banning of certain tools and machines recently, I believe it is time to start fresh.

Now, I know many of you are rightfully appalled by the very thought, but think about it. You would have a much cleaner map without all the scars it currently possesses. You could play without fear of someone destroying your hard work with a single click!

Please, post your thoughts below.

With regards,
    MisterFox

roobarb2 and pizzaluc like this.
  2. Shizucc

Shizucc CEO of "Shizo+ Inc." Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    3:05 PM
    I can see the use in a reset, though i'm not sure everyone is gonna be happy with the loss of their bases. The question now is: "Is the fresh start worth the anger we'll get from the TL community?" Personally i think not.

3. roobarb2

roobarb2 Bah, life is over rated

Local Time:
    10:05 PM
    I personally believe that this would be a great thing. The TL world is completely destroyed with holes everywhere, abandoned builds etc. It's not the greatest. Although there will be outrage from some of the older members that have worked bloody hard to make amazing builds. I think it would be for the best.

4. Cynnimon

Cynnimon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Flying overhead today I was really shocked at how defaced the overworld is. I think a new fresh start would be a great idea. It's hard for a new player to find a nice, clean area to build, not to mention all of the straight drops to bedrock that await them all over..

CatArcher and roobarb2 like this.
  5. MaineFisherMan10

MaineFisherMan10 Member

Local Time:
    4:05 PM
    I think it would be a good idea, however I can see the outrage it would cause from the people who have worked so hard on their builds and items. You decide for yourself, is the anger worth it.

6. Cynnimon

Local Time:
    As with every hard reset, players have time to save their homes and builds if they wish to continue in single player, btw :)

7. Shizucc

Local Time:
    Yeah i've been off TL for too long, one quick look around the map and you can see it isn't servicable anymore. It needs to go.

8. MaineFisherMan10

MaineFisherMan10 Member

Local Time:
    4:05 PM
    I say do it. We need to start anew. The world has been ravaged by advancement and griefing. We need a new world which might be treated better. I looked around a little more and say it is well worth the losses.

9. Rome_LOA

Rome_LOA Member

Local Time:
    6:05 PM
    Please do, the land has been ravaged and needs a wipe.

10. Samaell

Samaell Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    I don't want to continue my build in single player. i built it in a server for a reason - I want to share, get thoughts, expand with other people. If I cannot keep the build I have in a reset world, I do not want a reset world.

I worked damned hard to get where I am with this build and my items. I am aware that the land is scarred, but there are still huge swaths that are untouched. Areas that need to be can be rolled back, holes can be filled. But I do not want to spend another 96+ hours getting back to where I'm already at. I have absolutely no interest in starting over.
    [doublepost=1535824586][/doublepost]Those of you who hate seeing holes all over the place and pine for fresh areas can spend all your EMC filling stuff in with Mercurial Eyes. You want the alndscape pretty? Make it pretty. You want abandoned builds gone? Tear them down. But don't erase 96 hours of my time just because the stuff outside your claims isn't as pretty as you want.

RunescapePro likes this.
  11. SpaghetiLevithan

SpaghetiLevithan New Member

Local Time:
    How long has this Tekkit server been running? I think it is time to level the playing field, and maybe add in some new content if you devs have that kind of stuff lying around.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  12. FoxytheFoxman

FoxytheFoxman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:05 PM
    Sadly no, as it would be a wipe of player data as well

13. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    We never comment on hard resets, it drives players away. In the event we do reset it would be announced, and players would have two weeks to download their bases.

14. RunescapePro

RunescapePro Member

Local Time:
    12:05 AM
    my thoughts about the reset are that there are to many Cons then Pros

Cons:
    1.more then 50% of players will be man about it.
    2.all the hard work of people will be gone to waist and the saying "just go play single player" is such a bad one when you can use the same one against the server reset.
    3.solo players will lose the motivation to play again because they spend to much time building and now doing all over again would be a big pain.
    4.removing/disabling Red/dark matter tools to stop griefing would also slow down the rebuilding process and just make people lose intrest in the server more quickly.

Pros:
    1.Fresh world with fresh resourses(Oil,Villagers,ect...) for a few months of play time
    2.Good start for new players because will not need to look for a clean place without holes (still this is kinda a bad pro. because if fresh player are struggling the players who been playing for up to 60+h are more welcome to help them find a place to build and stuff)

Thats about all i though about if you want to add anything like a (Con. or a Pro.) fell free to reply with your cons and pros

few suggestion to avoid stuff like this is to spend few months coding/programming on a thing that would make Red/Dark matter tools to be used only in claims in Overworld and make a claim range between claims bigger to avoid people abusing the claim system or just making if a claim does not stay more then 30h after its removal the claim resets so the dmg on it would be reseted and if people would try to abuses this system staff member could see what he is doing and just ban for griefing/abusing system to grief.

Idk just trying to not make people mad who worked rly hard on playing interacting and stuff and sorry if my english writing skills are not good english in not my main language but i tried my hardest

15. Cynnimon

Local Time:
    I apologize if anyone got the wrong impression. I'm not replying and saying this is a yes or a no, that's not my decision. I was merely agreeing, as a member of the community, that a reset sounded nice. Hope that clarifies any worries or doubts some might have had!

Shizucc and roobarb2 like this.
  16. Shizucc

Local Time:
    Personally, i'd love to sign myself up to the moderator team and go in with worldedit to revive the map to it's former glory. But you do realize the map is 4000x4000 right? If holes kept popping up about as often as i saw them do, then i'd say it would be impossible for a new player to have a natural experience (which also drives people away, mind you). I'd say the map is at it's critical point where if we leave it new people are gonna be scared away by the holes in the ground, and if we reset it older players will have been driven off by the loss of their progress. It's a difficult situation and i'm glad i'm not the one pulling the trigger.

17. Peace7904

Peace7904 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    As a Player: I've logged in to the server and have seen decimated land almost everywhere I've been.

As Staff: I have helped player regenerate areas around their bases and as someone who has a lot of time with regenning land, it is very time consuming depending on the scale of the destruction. The time it takes to regen land and do it right to make sure it doesn't revert back to the destruction it was, which does happen, is a good chunk of time especially on a mass scale.

As much as people would lose progress, there are more players that join then leave because of the lack of land to build. A reset might be a good option to keep Tekkit alive and playable.

Note: Not an official decision on it being reset, just my opinion.

Shizucc likes this.
  18. Peace7904

Peace7904 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    To answer your question, here is the announcement page for Tekkit.
    Technic | Tekkit - Legends | MineYourMind Community

19. Samaell

Samaell Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    Resetting the map will not prevent these holes. Resetting the map will not keep people from abandoning builds and never coming back. This reset will NOT solve the problems this server has, because this modpack has more items than can be banned which may be abused for griefing. There is no avoiding that without canceling out half the endgame items in the pack. End of story.

I'm not telling the staff or veteran players to go around fixing every hole they see. I'm saying that fixing holes you don't like is solving your problem without encroaching on someone else's property and effort. If you don't like a hole, fix it. Easy enough. Your complaint, your solution. But if you erase everyone's hard work and everyone's time spent because you don't like a hole, you're forcing them to take responsibility and share in a solution they didn't ask for.

It's unethical at its base (in forcing others to erase their progress for your aesthetic pleasure) and illogical from the ground up (because the issues will not be resolved by this move). As for players leaving because of holes, no. Most of the people I see leaving do so because they can't maintain a connection to this server for more than a few minutes, at best. Sometimes the issue is not enough memory allocation, but it's a fairly common issue. The holes that aggravate some players do not make or break this server.

Hell, when I was just starting out I loved them because I could easily find ores I needed. And when I learned more about farmworld, resources ceased to be an issue altogether.

Bottom line being, this move is a bandaid to a larger issue that will resolve none of the complaints brought forward.

20. GreyWolf11

GreyWolf11 Former Staffer

Local Time:
    As wyndman said, in the event a hard reset occurs, it would be announced and give players time to download their bases, etc.
    Thank you all for the suggestions and feedback, it is vital to knowing how best to proceed.
    I will be locking this thread from further replies in order to ensure it doesn’t devolve into an argument.
    ~Grey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.