1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion for increasing the number of patreon you have.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by cpuman, Sep 24, 2018.

1. cpuman

cpuman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:34 AM
    The idea I have is that every month you allocate to the patreon subscribers you have "vote tokens" that could be used towards voting on upcoming modpacks they would like to see. The system would work where they could post in a patreon only forum for a set number of tokens suggesting the pack they want to see (meaning adding a curseforge link and basic info about the pack) and other patreons can come and vote on the suggested packs using their tokens as well. when a suggested pack reaches a set requirement of tokens voted, it's made into a server. You can vote on a server with as many or as few tokens as you want indicating how interested you are in that server. This would let someone actually save up and vote with enough tokens all on their own eventually (meaning they saved up for like 2 years or how much ever you wanna set the rates at.)

I believe this would boost the amount of patreons you have as they could use their tokens on maybe some pack that nobody ever hosts, and would let them feel like they have some actual power behind the network.

2. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    5:34 PM
    We do have plenty of power we just held a vote on 3 or 4 new packs of one becoming a patron server

3. Shizucc

Shizucc CEO of "Shizo+ Inc." Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    8:34 AM
    As fireforce said, this is already a thing. But i do think that maybe it should be advertised on the store page

4. GreyWolf11

GreyWolf11 Former Staffer

Local Time:
    11:34 AM
    We hold polls and ideally confer directly with our patrons via a few methods to make sure our patrons have a vital voice in the direction we take as far as our patron servers are concerned.
    Also, I (and most other admins and staff in general) will never turn away a PM sent to us, I’ve been asked to look at multiple packs by our patrons (and one normal player) and see how they’d work for MyM.
    I like the idea of a patron only section on the forum, not sure how the patrons themselves would feel however.
    As always, thanks for your suggestion! They are certainly appreciated.
    (Written by IPhone Grey, so if there’s something grammatically wrong or doesn’t make sense, lmk)
    ~Grey