1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Consistent "Disconnected" error message when trying to join

Discussion in 'StoneBlock' started by mrminesheeps, Oct 23, 2018.

1. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    12:49 PM
    Hours of trial and error have beared zero fruit. But here's what I do know:
    • I have 6.114 gigs of RAM allocated to Minecraft
    • I have the suggested MYM Java arguments in use
    • I can run the modpack with 53-97 FPS consistently (On Singleplayer)
    • Any attempt to connect to the server fails
    • I can connect to the 1.12.2 MYM hub server
    • I've spent over 24 hours on this
    • Potatos are neat
    • My internet connection seems to have no bearing on the login attempt
    What I believe could help, is to add the " -Dfml.readTimeout=120" Java argument to the Stoneblock server, if it is not present already.
    Also:
    upload_2018-10-22_17-14-23.
    And there's also a paste with internet connectivity diagnostics(With personal data redacted), with relation to the Stoneblock IP address:

TomboyEnthusiast likes this.
  2. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    8:49 PM
    We have that on continuum. I added it to stoneblock now too with 90 but you will have to add it to your client too.

3. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I've made three attempts to log in (This is with the Java setting still at 120) and these are the results:
    1. Timed out
    2. Disconnected
    3. Disconnected
    Am now changing the Java argument client-side to reflect the argument server-side. Will attempt to login, and provide the results here.
    The above attempts were me hoping I wouldn't have to re-open the modpack lol.
    On another note, thanks for adding that to the server, SirWill.
    [doublepost=1540262020,1540260255][/doublepost]All three attempts with the 90 second java argument client side had zero impact on my ability to connect, and was consistently met with "Disconnected".

4. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Server needs to restart first.

5. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Oh, so it hasn't restarted? Well shoot lol
    [doublepost=1540262980,1540262182][/doublepost]Well, from my understanding, that's going to happen approximately one hour from now.

6. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Just restarted as I had to fix worldgen.

7. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Yeah, saw that in the #support channel. Will try connecting.
    [doublepost=1540265792,1540264799][/doublepost]Still just getting "Disconnected". However, on one occassion, I got to the "Loading Terrain", but that met me with another exception from earlier.
    [doublepost=1540332572][/doublepost]Whenever I try to download VisualVM, I get met with this: upload_2018-10-23_15-9-12.

8. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
  9. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    This might sound stupid but have you allowed minecraft though your firewall or something

10. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    If it was my firewall, I wouldn't be able to connect to ANY of the MYM servers, hub server included.

11. 0roki

0roki Active Member

Local Time:
    7:49 PM
    If Minecraft was requesting a connection through a firewall, you would get a notification somewhere on the screen alerting you that a program wants access, regardless of it being blocked or not.

12. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Upon first launch of the modpack on a fresh install, it asks me if I want to allow it to use the internet to connect. I, of course, said yes. Upon doing so, it let me see the server list. But it won't let me actually connect.
    [doublepost=1540510883,1540485590][/doublepost]After installing and running VisualVM, Minecraft never showed up in the Local tab. So, I've once again been halted.

13. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Hmmm its frustrating to see you battling this.... Does it only do it to stoneblock?

14. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Yeah, I've never had a connection issue like this with ANY of the other MYM supported modpacks. Not 1.7, not 1.10, not 1.12. Just Stoneblock. I mean, SevTech had an issue, too, but SevTech was a bad multiplayer modpack to begin with XD Stoneblock was made to support multiplayer, but here I am.

15. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    1:49 PM
    Do you have the raw client-side logs of when you are attempting to connect to the server? This might help into solving the issue. Or at least narrow down the possibilities.

16. 0roki

0roki Active Member

Local Time:
    I think the only solution is to increase the timeout in the server config files to something like 9999, as I've done a bit of digging around, the problem is almost identical to FTB Revelations, and that seemed to be the fix to go for. However, that may not translate well to Stoneblock.

Another thing I've noticed is that there may be a problem with the connection to the Netty library that Minecraft and Forge uses, which causes the Disconnect issue. The issue with Netty apparently comes with errors in some scripts
    [doublepost=1540548097,1540545139][/doublepost]I've narrowed the issue down:

• The MyM Launcher version of Stoneblock is not the correct version for the server
    • Netty errors occur due to incompatible versions
    I advise you use the Twitch App for the time being until the modpack is updated on the launcher.

17. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    1:49 PM
  18. 0roki

0roki Active Member

Local Time:
    The MyM Launcher is now running at the correct modpack version for the server @mrminesheeps it should work now without any disconnects.
    There will be a forcibly closed connection on the first login attempt, however upon the second login attempt you'll be able to join.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  19. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    If only. I updated my Twitch launcher version of the modpack, and tried to log in. Surprise surprise! I got Disconnected. ;-;

20. 0roki

0roki Active Member

Local Time:
    The MineYourMind Launcher variant should work now, originally it didn't.