1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Botania Augment Recessive spark

Discussion in 'Revelation' started by Sir_Oj, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Sir_Oj

Sir_Oj Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:41 PM
    My Recessive sparks from botania are not working the way I expected them to work. They only send their mana to one other pool.
    My setup:
    4 pools with recessive augment sparks (they get mana from my mana production.) All 4 are full.

4 pools with normal sparks without any augments. Only one gets mana from the pools with recessive augment sparks and is now full. The rest does not receive any mana. They are all very close to each other so distance is not the problem.

3 pools with dominant augment sparks. They are all receiving mana and are all full.

So what I expect to happen is that all pools with sparks without any augment to be filled by the recessive augment sparks. But only one of them is getting mana.

Anyone got any idea what is going on or how to fix this? Ofc i can use spreaders, but I was hoping to avoid them as much as posible.

2. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    dunno, i use recessive sparks on all my setups to spread mana to pools with normal sparks and that generally works fine. i dont use dominant ones tho, they pull mana to themselves, i dont like those.

3. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    11:41 AM
    They say a picture is worth a thousand words... idk who "they" are, but a screenshot of the setup probably would help us to spot what the issue might be!

I assume you've tried breaking and replacing the pools+normal sparks already?

_Cilo_ and Sandstroem like this.
  4. Sir_Oj

Sir_Oj Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I only use dominant augments on the pools of my portal and the pool under the runic altar. I want those pools to be filled first. Other then that I don't use dominant augments. I just tried taking of the dominant augments see if that helped, but still nothing changed. so they are back on there.
    Here are 3 screenshots of my setup:
    My portal with 2 pools with dominant augments
    [​IMG]

My mana production the 4 pools that receive mana from my production have recessive augments, the redstone is to turn of the placement of cake when the pools are 90% full.
    [​IMG]

Empty pools with sparks without augments, they should all receive mana from the recessive sparks, but only one is actualy getting mana. In the back is the pool with a dominant augment spark. That is the pool below the runic altar, the spreader next to it shoots into the runic altar.
    [​IMG]
    Some of the other pools with normal sparks are also full but that is only because I place dominant augment in the spark for a little bit, trying to get them to work. They received mana when the dominant augments where in the sparks, but when I took the augments out they stop receiving mana.
    [doublepost=1541592934,1541585000][/doublepost]I tried a few more things today. Have removed the redstone around the pools to see if that was effecting the sparks, but nothing changed. I have removed sparks augments and pools and replaced them to see if that solved anything but nothing changed.

If I remove the spark that is receiving mana, an other spark is choosen to receive mana. If there are no normal sparks and I place new sparks the first one that is placed receives mana. all the other ones don't receive any mana.

5. deepcage

Local Time:
    did you try without dominant runes at all? in my experience, even 1 kekimurus should be able to keep the portal pools filled up at all times regardless of filling others. And you are using more than 1 kekimurus.... so that shouldnt be an issue. Try removing the dominant runes if only for this test.

6. c0mical

c0mical Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  7. Sir_Oj

Sir_Oj Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I have done some more testing. Removing augments, removing pools. replacing all sparks. There are 8 sparks I can get to work. This is including all the recessive and dominant sparks. Doesn't matter if there is 1 or 4 recessive spark. Same goes for dominant sparks. The max is 8 sparks in total.
    You can place a 9th spark and use a dominant augment. It will pull mana, but then just one of the other sparks will stop working.

An spark on Terrestrial Agglomeration Plate does not count towards the 8 spark limit.

A other player online tried to help me, but could not figure it out either. But he said he managed to get more sparks working on an other server and in singleplayer. So could it be that there is a server setting that is limiting it at 8 sparks?

8. deepcage

Local Time:
    Starts to seem like it. Ive got a similar issue on PO2 Kappa now. But with only 4 pools.

My recessive spark fills all connected pools, but when drawing mana with a terrestrial agglomeration plate (to make terrasteel) it only draws mana from the spark with recessive augment, while it should be drawing mana from all pools with a spark.

9. Sir_Oj

Sir_Oj Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I have made a ticket about this and got a respones. It is an issue with a mod that helps the game to run smoothly. It should be fixable and it has been assigned to an admin, but it may take a while before they have time to look into this.

Will post back here if there is any news.

10. c0mical

c0mical Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    thanks

11. TomboyEnthusiast

TomboyEnthusiast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:41 AM
    There is currently an issue where sparks are not working past a count of 8 on that server. That would explain why only 8 pools with sparks are functioning and the rest remain empty. For now, you will have to deal with this unfortunately. Tagging the @Administrator team to do some investigating to see what is limiting the spark count.

Note to staff: Related ticket

12. GreyWolf11

GreyWolf11 Former Staffer

Local Time:
    6:41 AM
    Issue was reported to sponge, closing this out as there's nothing else.