1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Correct way to back out Patron Subscription?

Discussion in 'Infinity' started by Ubidibity, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Ubidibity

Ubidibity Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:28 AM
    I read around a bit but didn't see the process, though there was a stated goal that the Patron rank be easy to cancel.

As the holiday budgets crunch, minecraft subscriptions do seem a good candidate to reclaim some cash.

Is there a way to properly cancel the subscription, and revert my rank to where it would have been without buying Patron? I assume going to the payment processor and just cancelling the subscription isn't right.

There are several subscription companies (DSC, Audible come to mind) that do this irritating little game of "We'll suspend your account for 3 months, but to cancel you have to call." or some other extra hoop.

I get that, and I bring it up because I understand you don't want it to be too easy to cancel, but even that's cool so long as I can find the correct process and understand the options. I can see where a 3 month pause would make sense...and in other cases, like when I lose my job, I'll just want it to stop until I'm back on my feet.

I think both options should be straight forward. I'm assuming as the subscription holder that Mym has some mechanism for cancelling it. I'm just not sure if that needs to be done through the shop or in a ticket?

I hope that by bringing this up in a forum post the next person to search Patron Subscription will be able to find the answers themselves.

Thank you for your time.

2. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    5:28 PM
    If you used PayPal you can go to your subscription overview in the PayPal Dashboard and Cancel or Pause the subscription. Same goes for Xsolla and Paymentwall. :)

We are not big enough for PayPal where it would allow us to initiate the subscription which would mean canceling it on our end. Hence it is done on PayPals end ;)

3. Ubidibity

Ubidibity Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:28 AM
    I didn't want to assume that and find out it incurred some kind of charge back on your side.

Thank you for the clarification.

Slind likes this.