1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Launcher splash screen

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by RubehFesh, Dec 20, 2018.

1. RubehFesh

RubehFesh Active Member

Local Time:
    6:58 PM
  2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    11:58 AM
    How many times do I have to tell you this? Implement it instead of making others go through and do your work for you. GitHub - MineYourMind/launcher

Also: even if the server wanted to use it, you'd have to send them a letter that says they can use it for the purposes of the launcher, etc.

This topic is infinitely more complex than you continuously make it out to be. Please.

3. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    5:58 PM
    Isn't this image owned by someone at FTB? We need commercial use permissions ;)

4. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:58 AM
    Yeah FTB owns the image, They give the public access to it to use as a wallpaper. Not sure if they would approve it to be used as the splash screen for MYM

5. RubehFesh

RubehFesh Active Member

Local Time:
    Oh, I thought that MyM was a part of FTB. I'll probably make my own original background or use a free one.
    [doublepost=1545332953][/doublepost]
    What you clearly don't get is that instead of just commanding them to update the launcher, I try to contribute in the work as a member of the community. Providing sprites is the best I can do.
    [doublepost=1545333251][/doublepost]
    However the simplest thing I could do is just crediting the artist. I guess I should contact them

6. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    5:58 PM
    if they are good with this type of use and can give us the permission in written that would be good.

7. RubehFesh

RubehFesh Active Member

Local Time:
    The artist(captainana) was last seen in the ftb forums 2 years ago. What are we supposed to do now?
    [doublepost=1545336489,1545335534][/doublepost]
    Ι was wrong. Captainnana was the one who posted it in the forums. The artist is some Christian Collins guy