1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revelation - Lost Cities

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by GatekeeperTDS, Dec 26, 2018.

1. GatekeeperTDS

GatekeeperTDS Active Member

Local Time:
    5:05 AM
    Hi again. :)

I was reading through the forums and notices that there were issues with the Lost Cities dimension in the past, something I think involving teleporting and ending up dead outside the world border. Is this still an open issue or has that been resolved since those posts were made? It would be awesome to play around in that dimension, given the difficulty and availability of loot.

If the dimension can't be re-enabled, would you maybe consider using Lost Cities generation for the farming dimension or maybe another custom dimension? Lost Cities can be chosen as one of the world types if memory serves me correctly.

Thank you for again considering one of my suggestions. :)

MettytheCutiefly likes this.
  2. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:05 AM
    The lost cities were disabled due to the dimension containing tons of otherwise unobtainable blocks. At the time a new world could not be produced, i’m not sure if this is still the case, but it was back then.

3. GatekeeperTDS

Local Time:
    Hi! Are you maybe thinking of a different mod? The Lost Cities doesn't have any unique items or blocks - all the generation is vanilla. The only thing unobtainable might be certain kinds of mob spawners. I've definitely seen Witch spawners in the Lost Cities. I've played on other 2.0+ Revelation servers, and there don't seem to be any issues with the Lost Cities. I definitely remember pre-2.0 servers having that dimension disabled for various reasons. It was problematic but may be good now.

4. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    10:05 AM
    The world had issues with pregenerating so we couldn't generate a new dimension and the one from the previous server did have the wrong block ids which caused some blocks to change to creative ones.

5. GatekeeperTDS

Local Time:
    I remember that weird block ID changing thing...it happened on pre-2.0 servers due to Torchmaster, it messed up things in the overworld on several servers I was on.

Would you be willing to give the Lost Cities another shot?

6. GatekeeperTDS

Local Time:
    @Aidoneus - Hi Aidoneus, I wanted to bring this one to your attention as well since you were looking at my other ticket for the Twilight reset. Do you think the Lost Cities is something that could be re-enabled when the server gets updated to 2.7.0?

7. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You really don't need to tag us, we do read the forums. If it looks like the issue has been fixed we might be able to enable them again, but it isn't something we've discussed yet.

8. GatekeeperTDS

Local Time:
    OK, thank you. :)

9. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Cross your fingers for it. Having never played Rev what is the purpose of those cities?

10. GatekeeperTDS

Local Time:
    I tend to play modded Minecraft in explore+collect mode, rather than building huge factories. The Lost Cities is a neat dimension full of tons of buildings, monsters, and loot.

11. MettytheCutiefly

MettytheCutiefly Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:05 AM
    To be honest, I'd love to see this too.

12. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The lost cities are basically extremely large dungeons, you can gain tons of loot very easily from exploring a single city.

MettytheCutiefly likes this.