1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Revelation - Twilight Reset

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by GatekeeperTDS, Dec 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GatekeeperTDS

GatekeeperTDS Active Member

Local Time:
    6:28 AM
    Hi! Would it be possible for the Twilight Forest to reset more frequently like the End, either weekly or twice a week (Tuesday / Saturday)? With only an 1800 block border, all of the bosses get cleared out pretty quickly, there are maybe only two Hydras & Ur-Ghasts in the whole map. Nagas get eliminated right away as well, making it hard to start progression.

Thank you in advance for anything you can do. :)

2. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    3:28 AM
    Yeah I agree, on enigmatica 2 I had to search entire world to find the bosses for progression and could only get halfway before I ran out of bosses.

3. GatekeeperTDS

Local Time:
    Happy New Year everyone. :)

Just bumping this thread as the Twilight Forest reset last night. After scouring the world, I've discovered a few interesting things -

1.) There are only 3 available Snow Queens on the current map.
    2.) There are no Questing Rams on the current map, I can see one right outside the southern world border.
    3.) Many of the boss spawners fizzle out and don't spawn the boss. Due to this, I was not able to defeat a Snow Queen. All three spawners in the Aurora Castles fizzled out without spawning the boss.
    4.) When the map reset, it was with the same seed as before, so no variation in the map and its structures.

Could someone please take a look at what can be done about the Twilight when possible? More frequent resets (I still think twice a week would be best) would really help with progression, and if a different seed could be used on reset, that would be awesome too.

Thank you again for your consideration. :)

4. Fousicek

Fousicek Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:28 AM
    Spanerw fizzle if you dont do them in correct order.

5. GatekeeperTDS

Local Time:
    I've done them in the correct order, so I don't think you're correct. I defeated the Alpha Yeti and I'm trying to do the Snow Queen, all 3 have fizzled out. I've also approached Lich Towers (I'm way past the Lich) and some of those have fizzled out as well. This has been a problem in TF for quite some time...

6. Fousicek

Local Time:
    okey then it is spawn limit and bosses need to be put on whilest even over mob cap.

7. GatekeeperTDS

Local Time:
    Aaaaaah...now THAT makes sense. What's the mob limit?

8. Fousicek

Local Time:
    dont remeber... you have to ask @SirWill or other admins.

9. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It's 16 mobs in a 3x3 chunk cube

10. GatekeeperTDS

Local Time:
    Then I bet all of those penguins around the Aurora Palace caused there to be too many mobs.

11. Fousicek

Local Time:
    i had no issue on revelation getting the snow quen. Nor any other bosses.

12. GatekeeperTDS

Local Time:
    You lucked out, no Snow Queens spawned for me. :(

The point is, for the current population of the server, a month between resets is a little too long to give everyone a chance to progress, especially considering how few bosses are within the border. There are a decent amount of Nagas and Liches, but 2-3 Hydras, 3 Snow Queens, it's a little low. There are consistently 8-15 players on at all times.

13. ggkhs

ggkhs Guest

I had no issue with getting the bosses either, the only issue in Revelation is that there are too many players for so few bosses!

14. SamuraiJack

SamuraiJack Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    It's the second day of the month and I've been unable to find any Knight Phantoms, all the Ur-Ghasts have been slain, every maze I've looked through the mino-shroom was slain and there's clearly the same seed used every time since someone went though and literally dug straight down into a Knight Phantom room instead of going through the stronghold. For the bosses maybe I'm doing something wrong or not correctly following the progression but the fact that I can't seem to make any progression after 48 hours clearly shows that the resets are way too infrequent. With such a small world border and a fairly large and regular player base the resets should happen at least as frequently as the End.

15. GatekeeperTDS

Local Time:
    Hi! I see that a weekly Twilight reset has been implemented for Enigmatica 2. @Aidoneus @SirWill - Could we please get this implemented for Revelation as well? I know it's not required for game progression, but it would be awesome for the bosses and resources to reset more frequently.

Would you also consider a seed change or a slight border increase? Some bosses have very few spawns on the current seed, and there are no Questing Rams - only one just outaide the border.

Thank you. :)

16. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    4:28 AM
    I will look into this. Hopefully finding a reasonable solution.

17. GatekeeperTDS

Local Time:
    @Aidoneus Hi. :) Revelation's recommended version was recently bumped to 2.7.0. Would the Twilight reset be something that could be integrated at the time you update the server since it's a maintenance window anyway?

Thanks again for looking at this.

18. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    The update will happen as soon as they can in the meantime I suggest you relax and play some minecraft insted of tagging the admin and founder team....

Also you high jacked your own thread

19. GatekeeperTDS

Local Time:
    @Fireforce Aidoneous answered this ticket to me personally, so I was tagging him back with some extra thoughts.

Why are you replying to me in such a hostile way? I'm aware the update will happen when they can.

20. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    @GatekeeperTDS it wasn't ment as hostile... The recommended status is from yesterday... Give them time they just opened a new server

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.