1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Revelation - Twilight Reset

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by GatekeeperTDS, Dec 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GatekeeperTDS

GatekeeperTDS Active Member

Local Time:
    11:06 AM
    @Fireforce You're missing the point, man. You jumped on me (out of turn, by the way, since you're not staff) because you thought I was nagging them for the server to be updated. I was not. I was asking if the Twilight issue, that Aidoneus and I were discussion, could be addressed when they update. I'm not sure why you're jumping in on this conversation.

This is pretty hostile and condescending.

2. sporefreak

sporefreak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:06 AM
    As stated in another post of yours be the admin team, they do infact keep pretty well updated about what's on the fourms and you have no need to tag them for such a small issue as I can assure you it is most likely a passing thought for aidoneus to look into your issue when the server is updated and a simple reply to this thread will already notify them of it meaning your tagging is just an extra unessential addition to your thread.
    [doublepost=1547833092][/doublepost]Also tagging high end staff is pretty well understood as similar to a 911 call which you don't call sans an emergency situation.

3. GatekeeperTDS

Local Time:
    Thank you. Yes, I saw the reminder from the admins. Why do you feel the need to follow that up with a separate lecture?

Come on, guys. I don't see why I'm being jumped on by this many non-staff members because I tagged a staff member who was working on this issue. I'm sorry if I annoyed them, and I saw the response in the other thread that they keep track of the boards. Can we please drop this? This is so off-topic to my original post, it's not even funny now.

4. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:06 PM
    Let's keep the thread on topic, no need to start arguing over a mistake as small as this one. While being patient and not tagging staff members is the prefered, it's not worth starting arguements over a one time occurance like this.

As for the actual topic of the post, the admins have been very busy recently, but i can assure you that threads like these do not go unnoticed. An answer will come once it's ready :)

5. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    Yes I am aware. I have had to update 3 servers last night. Should be doing some later today

6. Aidoneus

Local Time:
  7. GatekeeperTDS

Local Time:
    I saw the changelog in Discord, thank you so much for changing the reset frequency.

Would it maybe be possible to get a new seed for that dim as well? There are a couple things just outside the current world border that can't be obtained, like the Questing Ram.

Thanks again. :)

8. Bone_Raiderx

Bone_Raiderx Active Member

Local Time:
    Can you unbann the twilight forest on the 06 server on infinity please it would be great and give more things for people to do?

9. sporefreak

Local Time:
    Twilight is disabled on all servers before 1.10 due to the way it was programmed which caused massive lag for the entire server.
    Your best bet is to suggest a weekly/monthly opening of the twilight forest (in a new thread) but even then chances are slim to none.
    Either way, you should make new thread for a request such as this. :p
    [doublepost=1549839088][/doublepost]I could be wrong but I believe the lag was because the trees will chunk load when they are generated and trees on the edge of a chunk will load both chunks causing a chain reaction of loading and cause lag for the entire server.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2019
  10. GatekeeperTDS

Local Time:
    @_sporefreak_ I asked some followup questions in this thread, so it's not finished.

Can you please stop policing this thread, my dude. Thanks!

11. sporefreak

Local Time:
    Offtopic, I'm not "policing" I am responding to a question on a public forum, publicly.
    Please feel free to submit a personal complaint if you have problems with me being apart of this public community.
    Ontopic, twilight forest is disabled on servers pre 1.10 for a reason, that is what I was responding to.

ContinuedAsh likes this.
  12. Aidoneus

Local Time:
    Going to lock this thread. Seems to be more of an argument thread now.
    The original suggestion was implemented and I marked it that way.
    @GatekeeperTDS Please make a new thread with your suggestion. ;) and I will look into it.

sporefreak likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.