1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need Dev Ideas!

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by TomboyEnthusiast, Jan 13, 2019.

1. TomboyEnthusiast

TomboyEnthusiast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:49 AM

Hey MyM Community,

I love programming, and I have primarily done Python development. I've been looking for new challenges and ideas to work on but come up blank for the most part. That's where you come in! Fill out the form below and I might work on your idea! This thread is locked to prevent replies here instead of on the form. NOTE: Email is REQUIRED on the form for further Inquiries and to reply to Feedback/Questions.

Important Links

Google Form *All data included will be private and only accessible by me.*
    My Website (Future Development Blog(!!) will be here once I pick the project(s))
    My Github (All source code will be posted here)

My Other Projects/Contributions

Simple Password Cracker
    ChatBot games (StreamLabs)
    MyM Wiki (forked)
    IRC Chatbot (WIP, look at README)
    GTA Online Private Public lobbies (forked)

Sincerly,

Colin Andress, A.K.A. Column01

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  2. TomboyEnthusiast

Local Time:
    Unlocking the thread to allow for comments. PLEASE USE FORM FOR IDEAS

3. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    6:49 AM
    Sent you one. Don't know how easy it would be though.

4. CheesyTheArtist

CheesyTheArtist just a casual furry

Local Time:
    12:49 PM
    Try To Make A Game, I Dont Know What Gerne, But Thats Up To You.
    [doublepost=1547488442][/doublepost]nvm im stupid again

5. dailypeanut

dailypeanut Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Regrowth 1.12 please !

6. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Can't use that name :D

7. dailypeanut

dailypeanut Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    "I can't believe it's not Regrowth 1.12" ?

chugga_fan, Punane and BookerTheGeek like this.
  8. TomboyEnthusiast

Local Time:
    If you and your friends would like to contribute some more information on my form (possible modlist, some ideas you may have, if you want to contribute), I would be happy to consider working on a reboot for regrowth along with feedback/help from a few other people.
    [doublepost=1547523304][/doublepost]
    I'm not big on Game Development personally. I don't see my future involving it, and I have heard too many bad experiences (work for a project for years, work overtime, have bad pay, bad work environment and get laid off after its finished. Repeat.)

9. TomboyEnthusiast

Local Time:
    poke @dailypeanut

10. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    Using Python pull posts from the change logs section of the MyM forums and create a json out of them. Then take the json and display on your google webpage a list of all changes made to each server. Don't forget to set it up to list each change log based on the server itself including the dates that it was changed. Make it neat and clean formatted for web view. Must auto grab new content as it is added to the forums, in other words if a new change log is created when your page is refreshed it should pull the new content.

This is a easy task to complete but it is interesting to do things like this. Ask Sirwill or Slind if they would mind you pulling the information for testing first. Don't want to cause a loop or constant pull on the MyM web server.

11. TomboyEnthusiast

Local Time:
    We actually had some plans for a few things similar to this for the wiki (like pulling other posts for server launches etc.) But the founders would need to approve it, as well as point me in the direction they want for it.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

_Lordicon likes this.
  12. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    Glad to hear plans are out there for it. I did something similar with my forum signature. I used PHP to pull data from the mym server status tables then added the player count from each server to get the full amount online. Only updates on my signature when someone refreshes the page. Same as the online offline status of the Minecraft auth servers etc.

TomboyEnthusiast likes this.
  13. ContinuedAsh

ContinuedAsh Just a boring person.

Local Time:
    I think a mobile app for the forums would be great, not sure how feasible that is though.

14. TomboyEnthusiast

Local Time:
    It's Called Tapatalk ^^ I'm using it right now

15. ContinuedAsh

ContinuedAsh Just a boring person.

Local Time:
    Yes I use it as well but I'm talking about an app for MyM Forums.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

16. TomboyEnthusiast

Local Time:
    Not really needed considering tapatalk is infinitely better than anything I could make. Why would you want one just for MYM when Tapatalk works for hundreds of forums

17. CheesyTheArtist

CheesyTheArtist just a casual furry

Local Time:
    What About A Operating Sustem?

18. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    Could create one that is specific to MyM and can only get from MyM, Make it not just for the forums but also include things like the server status page and best yet could add a feature to include submitting a support ticket. Right now you have two options to submit a support ticket, Forums or create ticket in game. If you can not get ingame it is only forums. By having a custom MyM app you could create a ticket from your phone and it would be created directly to the current support ticket page.

Edit: Also a donation page for purchasing donation items so you do not have to minimize the game and open a browser. Maybe even a vote for the server section as well to make it easier to get tokens.

Edit 2: Makes me want to work on a concept project just thinking about it a bit. I don't use python but I assume it could be written many ways or I could learn pylon and we could work on it together through github if you like. Hell could get a few people good at this type of thing involved and make something great.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    CheesyTheArtist and ContinuedAsh like this.
  19. TomboyEnthusiast

Local Time:
    I do like this idea but the ticket creation suggestion is not possible due to it requiring a lot of info pulled from in game to work (and a lot of those sections cannot be left blank or else the database will freak out). Maybe I can start a repo and add you and whoever else you want to it. Its essentially going to be a web browser but only for MYM. Shoot a reply on the form so I have a record if it

[doublepost=1548352367,1548350042][/doublepost]psst

_Lordicon and ContinuedAsh like this.
  20. Kissqt

Kissqt Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    Do you have some basis in Text processing? I can't really see your chatbot game, and I might forget when I get home.

By text processing, I mean understanding what the user is trying to say, or if you want to learn that. I will adjust my idea depending on your answer, but it's mostly based on text processing. One is easy because you need to locate keywords, the other one is hardest because you need to grasp the meaning. There is some library on Python to help.

All ideas are MyM related