1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Booker's Tech Pack!

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by BookerTheGeek, Jan 9, 2019.

1. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:16 PM
    Was that a pun?
    Also patron only sucks

2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:16 PM
    Only if you aren't a patron, it would also give us a way to publicly test the pack in a controlled environment.

3. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Im sure the owners and admins would loooovvvvvvveeeeeeeeee to hear all the ideas you have about how to pay for the server hosting without charging money for anything.

Fireforce and BookerTheGeek like this.
  4. GreyWolf11

GreyWolf11 Former Staffer

Local Time:
    Absolutely, always open to suggestions :D

5. wyndman

Local Time:
    We tried feeding the hamsters hopes and dreams, they quit after a few hours.

6. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    As i have said many times before. it was ok before the mojang *incident*
    im just not an overall fan of subscription services, i would much rather pay once, but we all know that is not possible anymore

7. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    5:16 PM
    How meney times can you complain about what is now the norm.... Mojang is on the hunt.. .. We all know how upset you are about it but it's in the past. .. Why not suck it up and put some money into Mym? @brandonlk would it hurt you so badly... Just to give a little bit back of what you have gotten... Think on the hours of fun comming to Mym not only is booker makeing a pack. There's also Mym skies in the works.. I have planned a pack.. Be greatful of what you had and what you have.. Because it could be gone one day

8. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    11:16 AM
    Back on topic.... Writing quests suck. No idea what to put into them other then just walking people through the different blocks and how they work.

Anybody have ideas on quests and rewards?

cbrozak likes this.
  9. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Well for a little starter how about you submit a stack of all the ingots

Reward uhh a can of air

10. wyndman

Local Time:
    This was never the hold up on MyM skies, I had no problems banging out the quests if you need some help with that. It is more in tweaking and scripting things the way I wanted and my assistant seems to be slacking. Are you using BQ HQM or FTB quests?

11. Cantiel

Cantiel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    you could either make categories based on mods, and then have the quests be some kind of step by step guide through the mod (e.g.: have a quest to collect ic2 tree resin & and turn it into rubber, followed up by a quest to make an electric treetap )

or you can make categories based on different themes, like power generation, where you'd start with simple ways like a survivalist gen, or a waterwheel, and slowly work towards big & efficient setups like reactors or steam generators

i personally just hope you won't use lootbags as a reward. 80% of the loot from them is rather useless stuff, and those few lucky ppl that receive something like the skullfire sword early have a bit unfair advantage over other players. besides, hard work shouldn't be rewarded with gambling or rng anyway (hey, you just spend 3 days and lots of valuable resources to make this draconic armor, here have some dead bushes as a reward)

rewards should be some nice little extra, that can be useful to the player, without breaking the progress too much. seeing as you want to use a hunger mod, maybe you could give different seeds as rewards, and remove the different seed market blocks, so that players have another reason to work towards different quests

cbrozak likes this.
  12. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    FTB Quests

I hate lootbags. They will either get a specific item, or FTb Cash usable in the quest book for items

Cantiel, cbrozak and Fireforce like this.
  13. wyndman

Local Time:
    FTB cash makes for a very controllable quest reward system. I approve.

14. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I like that you have to buy certen hardware... Like you can only reach a certen tech level and that's it... Tho this guy (bookers techs and gimics store) next door wana sell me this super conductor uhhh shiny *thows chash at the shop *

@BookerTheGeek
    Here's a few ideas on what you could call the ftb money store
    Bookers tech emporium
    Books technology leftovers
    Geeks no refunds

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  15. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    Have you tried paying for them in exposure?

One extension I'd like to see is gating purchasable rewards behind at least some technological progression, many packs I've seen with a monetary system seem to use cash as the only gate, which just feels a little cheap sometimes.

Fireforce likes this.
  16. wyndman

Local Time:
    Well it seems sort of hollow to me as well, I've yet to see it implemented in a thoughtful way. Sky Adventures locks the items you'd probably want behind huge piles of cash in order to make you do their hording quests which are in essence locked behind cash, Project Ozone is slightly different by offering some items in the shop only after you've completed tiers locked behind cash. A balance between cash and advancement would be nice.

Fireforce likes this.
  17. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    That is actually pretty easy. Instead of the finished machine being sold, you sell a component that way they still have to build everything else.

18. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Ok question time....

• Ores even distributed as in vanilla or large clusters of ore spread out?
    • Creative items? Yes or no.

19. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    1. Depends on the rarity, more rare = more per.
    2. Creative items, if obtainable, depending on how much they allow for you to get, e.g. an everlasting mana pool is useless unless you can use it to help speed up other creative item's attainability significantly, so adding that earlier on than the rest allows for you to "complete" a mod earlier than the other mods. It really depends on how well you balance everything else out, if you have a progression system, or if it's clearly the end of the line for the pack

20. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Quests are started. Rewards are not yet though.

@wyndman is their any issues with FTB Quests I need to know about where HQM or BQ would be better to use?