1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Quest Book help

Discussion in 'Infinity' started by AgentMadelor, Jan 20, 2019.

1. AgentMadelor

AgentMadelor Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    7:42 PM
    So I tried making a vanilla chisel. It wouldnt let me break an obsidian block just changed it into other types of obsidian.

Tried to get the water and lava to go in through the smeltery drain but no success.

Cant seem to use a diamond in the Tinker tables to make a stronger pickaxe. Bronze is not strong enough to mine obsidian.

2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:42 AM
    you change the form of the obsidian then you should be able to mine it with a non obsidian level pickaxe

Take a fully repaired pickaxe and place it in your tool station and put a diamond in one of the center slots. As long as your tool has modifiers remaining it should upgrade the level of the tool. I'll look into your issue with the smeltery and leave you a sign if I find anything off.

3. wyndman

Local Time:
    Just had a thought, if you can get in the nether you might be able to find a bloodwood tree, it would be a garbage pick, but bloodwood is obsidian level

4. wyndman

Local Time:
    Here's an example of the chiseled obsidian, the first block is normal, and is labeled as needing Obsidian level pickaxe, required tier 3. The chiseled version now requires just a pickaxe harvest level 0

Pictures

5. wyndman

Local Time:
    Left you a note in your base, should help you out.

6. AgentMadelor

Local Time:
    Hey thanks for that Wyndman. I found an obsidian pickaxe head in a village so was finally able to get some obsidian which has helped me along with the quest book. Didnt know about the chisel before so that was handy too.

7. wyndman

Local Time:
    I left you a special gift near your smeltery, carved by my own hands when I went out to inspect your setup. To fill your smeltery with liquids, you would need to remove one of the faucets and either have the suggested tank push into it, or you can use drums and pipe it in. You should be able to also use a bucket if those options are beyond your technology. I seem to be around at night when you are on if you have other questions.

8. AgentMadelor

Local Time:
    Thank you for the gift - I was very proud of the fact that I found a solution myself and didnt need to use it. But I've put it away for safe keeping and future use!!

I did try that with the smeltery, took off the faucet and tried to input with a bucket but no good - managed to burn myself to death.

I'm finding expert mode a little frustrating as usual recipies and methods have been changed in some instances and the mods dont always operate in the way they are described on the various Wikis or in YouTube tutorials!!!

One thing I spent ages on yesterday was trying to get the lasers working. the FTB Wiki had a setup running on 2x Stirling engines - so I set this up and got the engines going but no response from the lasers.... Have also built a Combustion engine but struggling to get it going also. Some Wikis indicate it should run on Biofuel(Ethanol) so set up a fermenter for this - but the machine wouldnt accept this fuel. Also doesnt take Lava anymore in this mod. So it seems the only possible fuel is Oil or refined Fuel - so now trying to build a system to get some of this into a tank - have found a oil source in the farm world but I know this will reset at the end of the month..... If you have any tips on this I would be very grateful.

:)
    [doublepost=1548580276,1548558500][/doublepost]Dont worry - I managed to the laser working at last :)

9. wyndman

Local Time:
    My recommendation for starting RF is Culinary Generators, if you feed them something like the class beef wellington they can power you through to the nuclear age, but in the beginning even a simple toast sandwich will provide you enough RF to keep going. This time around I went with Immersive Engineering Diesel generators, but the investment into that technology is quite expensive, and other than the aesthetic probably isn't worth it when compared to the culinary generators.

Combustion engines can run off straight oil, or oil run through a refinery to make gasoline. They have a few quirks, one is of course finding a supply of oil, and secondly they require water to run cool enough not to stop or explode depending on the pack. They won't run without a redstone signal either so slapping a lever on them works for that.

10. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    10:42 AM
    Another option would be railcraft steam tank with dynamos.
    But culinaries are indeed a very good solution that carry you a long way.

11. Kaymax

Kaymax Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:42 AM
    I'll go ahead and close this as last answer was a long time ago and this doesn't seem to be an issue anymore.

Have a nice day and a wonderful time on our network!
    ~ Kay