1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Remove two items from the banned items list: Fix

Discussion in 'B-Team' started by jaari, Feb 2, 2019.

1. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:37 PM
    Hello MyM staff,

I have returned from a veeery long break, and checked some things on the Bteam server. I saw that the Drawbridge is banned, as well as the Sync mod being disabled. I find this weird, as the noted issues with these two items are easily resolved.
    -------------------------------
    First, the drawbridge:

Yes, I know about dupe exploit. What strikes me as odd is that almost no one seems to know about the Drawbridge blacklist that was already included in the mod version used in Bteam. 1.7.10 mod version appears to be common knowledge though.
    The fix can be easily applied by opening the TinkersWorkshop config file and adding the following two numbers to a certain line, like this:
    "
    drawbridge {
    # Add block or item IDs that should not be placed from the drawbridge
    I:"Drawbridge Blacklist" <
    >
    }"
    Feel free to test this fix in your test environment. I should note though, the drawbridge will place the "specific item", but will not retract it. This opposed to the 1.7.10 version, where it does not even place the "specific item".
    ----------------------------------
    Second, Sync mod. I know that it is broken, but it is only so in the 2.2.2 version of the mod. The 2.2.3 version of the mod, available on curseforge fixes this issue, and this version coexists with the modpack, as can be read here on iChun's github page.
    ----------------------------------
    Hopefully you peeps will be able to do something with this information and be able to easily unban two great additions of Bteam.

OkayThan likes this.
  2. TomboyEnthusiast

TomboyEnthusiast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:37 AM
    Hello jaari,
    Thank you for your suggestions on how to fix these issues. I am going to tag the @Administrator to take a look into these fixes and see if these things could be re-enabled. The drawbridge was banned globally due to it the dupe working across MC versions, and will likely not be unbanned (it is unreasonable to blacklist every broken block/item ID on every server as they are different on every modpack.) but it is still possible nonetheless.
    ~Colin

3. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    10:37 AM
    You only need to list blocks that hold their inventory when broken.

4. TomboyEnthusiast

TomboyEnthusiast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:37 AM
    My point is they change server to server, not that its only every item.

5. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    We already used the blacklist but there is a different dupe which the blacklist doesn't fix.

If it is a server side fix we can probably update the mod on the server but would need to disable the chunk loading of them.

TomboyEnthusiast likes this.
  6. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    10:37 AM
    Tested the Sync one locally. I could connect to a local server with the version mismatch.

TomboyEnthusiast likes this.
  7. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Internally, I am "Oh god, why did they even think this was a good idea?" Yes, I just googled the other dupe, didn't even know that was possible.

8. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Mod is updated now.