1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update the Rules on the site and /rules

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by AyeItsKatieMC, Feb 23, 2019.

1. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:13 PM
    As the title states I would love to see a updated rules list on the website and in game as there are so many rules we have but there not listed anywhere so people that violate them don't know their violating a rule. I feel like in the /rules in game we should have a link to take them to the rules page on the website

2. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    7:13 PM
    What are those?

GreyWolf11 likes this.
  3. Peace7904

Peace7904 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    There are too many rules to actually list everything, especially for every situation. The webpage rules was updated fairly recent as well.

Does it not already do this? IIRC, the very beginning of the /rules says the full list can be found on the forums with a short link. I could be wrong though on this part.

4. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    10:13 AM
    Just for reference this is the rule Katie was originally referring to:

[​IMG]

5. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Well not only that but there's no reference to the end game list what so ever in game so players who are new to the network won't know it even exists. There are plenty of rules that we have on the network that are not mentioned anywhere and people don't know they exist till they get in trouble

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  6. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    10:13 AM
    [​IMG]

Endgame list is covered in the /rules (at least on PO3) and website rules so even new players have access to that info. But you're right not teleporting people to dimensions they haven't accessed yet and rules like that aren't specifically published anywhere and have always just fallen under endgame/expert or other rules.

Checking the number of rules currently listed there's over 50 lines. Chat in game shows 5-8 lines in the /rules. I'm sure 10+ pages of /rules would make peoples heads explode. We have to hit the important points in the /rules to keep it smaller and direct them to website for the full list.

I think in the end relying on a combination of /rules, posted rules, Staff, and community is going to be our best method of keeping everyone up to speed.

With that said, perhaps we should try to consolidate a list of unwritten rules though and see which ones should be added to the rules. There can't really be that many and a couple might be worth adding as their own rule.

Proposed Addition to Rules:
    • No teleporting players to other dimensions if they have not gained access to that dimension yet.