Restart by voting

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by McDwarf, Mar 8, 2019.

1. McDwarf

McDwarf Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:41 PM
    Hello there.
    i was just thinking that it might be handy to ad a command that allows people can restart the servers by voting. so lets say that you are on a server that is bugged or something happen so it lags lags a lot, and no staff member is online to help. then it would be handy for the players on the server to be able to vote for a restart, but only if over 50% of the players vote

FilouKiller1064 likes this.
  2. ggkhs

ggkhs Guest

I am just stating my opinion, but something like this is really easily exploitable. Someone could log with a bunch of alts and be 50%> of the server and maliciously keep restarting it.

3. Peace7904

Peace7904 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:41 PM
    I believe this has been suggested multiple times before. I'll see if I can locate the other suggestions for this

4. Peace7904

Peace7904 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  5. Adrianfish

Adrianfish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The biggest issue with restarting the server is that it covers the problem for a short period of time and doesn't actually fix the issue. And if the server gets reset constantly staff wont be able to find the issue. Also in the past people would restart the server once the tps was at 10-15.

6. McDwarf

McDwarf Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:41 PM
    Just great.. Can someone then disable space in crackpack.. curse it messes up the server all the time... and needs a restart when someone goes there. i have posted something about that before but nothing happened with the issues

After people goes to space the tps goes down to 5